Chapter 26: Love (Finale)

Bas furrowed his brows before opening his eyes. "P'Godt?"

"You're finally awake." Godt smiled at the pale fairy. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm a little dizzy," Bas answered. "Why are all of you looking at me like that?"

"Hey, little one," Boom greeted Bas.

"What are you doing here?"

"To see you."

"Peak is here, too," Bas muttered.

"Hi." Peak waved at Bas. "I'm here to help out Nong Boom."

"P'Peak, you just want to keep your eyes on me," Boom claimed.

"Yes, I do." Peak chuckled.

Why does everyone always flirt in my presence? Singto thought and gently petted the bunny's head.

"Why do you need to see me?" Bas went straight to the point.

"Patience, little one."

"I'm older than you," Bas reminded.

"I know, but I'm more experienced. I'm the one in charge of teaching you the ways of a fairy." Boom smirked. "Plus, you're little in size; not age. That was the reason why I taught you that spell to make yourself heavy whenever you were unconscious. It was to prevent you from getting stolen."

"Bas has been kind of light recently," Godt added. "I don't think the spell is working properly."

"That's because he's too weak," Boom enlightened. "Plus, he's not a very good fairy."

"I'm having mixed feelings about you right now." Bas voiced honestly.

"Don't have feelings for me," Boom warned. "Peak is the jealous type."

"Yes, I am." Peak didn't deny it.

"I don't know why he needs to be jealous," Boom said. "He's the good-looking one. I should be the one who gets jealous."

"That's not true. You're the good-looking one, Nong Boom."

Singto shivered from the fairies' corniness and lifted the bunny into his arms to leave the room.

"Was it something I said?" Boom asked in wonderment.

"I think he has given up hope of getting Krist back as a human," Godt derived.

"Is there a way to make Krist a human permanently?" Bas inquired.

"When there is a will, there is a way," Boom replied. "But we can't discuss it in the presence of humans."

"I'll leave with you," Bas slowly got up with Godt's help. "I'll return soon, P'Godt."

Godt gave Bas a nod of his head to indicate that he understood.

"Here, I'll help him." Peak wrapped Bas's arm over his shoulders and the three vanished.

Godt glimpsed over at Max and noticed that he was still screaming without sound. "They already left. P'Max, you could stop with the crying now. Your snot is getting all over the place."

"Oops!" Boom's sudden reappearance made both of them jolt in surprise. "Sorry. I almost forgot about him." He snapped his fingers to undo the muting spell on Max and turned on his heels to disappear once more.