Chapter 25: Fairy Magic

The fact that no sound was coming out of his mouth made Max cry even harder, if that was even possible.

"You know Bas?" Godt asked.

"Yes," Boom answered. "I'm his mentor."

"So, you're also a fairy?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Boom smirked.

"What's obvious?" Godt gawked at him in confusion.

These humans aren't too bright. Boom sighed. "Forget it. Yes. Yes, I'm a fairy. I have to be a fairy in order to teach a fairy."

"So, you only became a fairy so that you could teach Bas?"

"Um...no. I was born a fairy."

"You wanted to teach Bas that badly?" Godt lifted a curious brow.

"I'm not quite sure what you're trying to ask me," Boom responded honestly. "Each experienced fairy is assigned a new fairy to instruct. Bas is mine."

"No!" Godt grumbled.

"No?" Boom gave Godt a look. "What do you mean by that?"

"Bas isn't yours. He's mine."

"Seriously?"

"You bet I'm serious." Godt hissed.

"That's what you're getting all worked up over?" Boom chuckled.

"What are you laughing at?"

"You," Boom supplied without much thought.

"Why are you picking on me? What did I ever do to you?"

"It's you who is doing Bas," Boom reminded. "Anyway, I don't only pick on you. I pick on everyone. I'm a fair fairy."

"Wow." Godt huffed. Wait. Why does that sound so familiar?

"Yes, I know." Boom smiled and swept the back of his hair with his hand. "I'm fabulous, right?"

"You're so..." Seeing Boom waiting for him to complete his sentence, Godt refrained. "Never mind."

"May I ask," Singto interrupted, "why you're here?"

"Oh, yes. I almost forgot, because he's flirting with me."

"I..." Godt stopped himself, because there were more important issues to tend to. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to see how Bas is doing," Boom provided. "And...it appears that all your doings to him have caused him to be done sooner than expected."

"What in the world are you talking about?" Godt scoffed.

"You see, a fairy is prohibited to fall in love with a human," Boom enlightened.

"You mean I'm forbidden to love Bas?" Godt inquired. "My love for him is going to kill him?"

"I think you've been watching too many fantasy dramas or reading crazy fan written fictions."

"They are called fanfictions, Nong Boom." Someone appeared next to Boom. "They are fun to read. My favorite is the one about a kitten named, Gun. His fairy grants him a wish to become human so that he could be with his savior, Off. Then the fairy gets punished and ends up living with Gun."