Chapter 16: Useless Muscles

"Yes, Krist," Tul agreed.

"Didn't you say you were going to be vacationing for a couple months?" Singto inquired. "It has only been a little over 3 weeks. Why are you back so soon?"

"Why does it feel like you're not happy about our return?" Tul threw him a questioning look.

"It's not that," Singto insisted. "I'm curious. Did you two have a fight or something?"

Tul hooked an arm over Max's shoulders and said. "I love Nong too much to fight with him."

"Oh, really?" Singto wasn't convinced. "There isn't a couple out there that doesn't fight."

"Sing and Krist doesn't fight!" the bunny declared.

Both Tul and Max grinned when they heard Krist's words.

"So, you two are a couple?" Max figured.

"Why didn't you tell us about him?" Tul added.

"H-He's not..." Singto sputtered.

"You should be true to your feelings," Tul lectured. "It's only fair to him."

"Be true to your feelings!" Krist sang.

"See? He gets it." Tul nodded in approval.

"Um...let's not talk about me." Singto smiled sheepishly. "When did you guys get back?"

"We arrived early this morning," Max informed.

"Why did you shorten your vacation?" Singto wasn't sure why he was rattled by his cousin's sudden appearance. Perhaps, he feared that Krist would be taken away from him.

"Because..."

"Because," Tul interrupted Max, "I miss my baby bunny. I want to go see him right away. Is he home?"

"Well, not exactly," Singto stated.

"Where is he then? Is everything all right?"

"Krist is fine. He's just..." Singto's hesitation gave Krist the opportunity to cut in.

"I am Krist!" the bunny announced.

"Oh, so your name is also Krist?" Tul completely missed the point. "What a coincidence!"

Krist leaped over to hug Tul, taking the other by surprise.

"Your boyfriend really is friendly," Tul supplied nervously as he glimpsed over at Max.

"Miss you," Krist blurted and nose bonked Tul on the cheek.

"Okay, he's way too friendly." Tul gulped and forced an awkward chuckle.

Max narrowed his eyes at Tul. "Is there something that you should tell me, P'Tul?"

Seeing Max frowning, Tul gasped. "No! There's nothing going on between us. Don't misunderstand. I'm barely meeting him for the first time."

"Are you sure about that?" Max muttered. "He says he misses you."

"Krist misses you a lot!" Krist confirmed.

"P'Tul, you suck!" Max's frown grew deeper.

"No, baby. The only thing I would like to suck..." Tul shook the perverted thought out of his head. "Never mind. This isn't the right time for that." Panicking, Tul peeled Krist off him. "Hey, kid! What the heck are you doing? Aren't you Nong Singto's boyfriend? Why are you clinging onto me? I don't even know you."