Part 68: The Master of Dragons

Sixty Eight: The Master of Dragons.

We had a lovely fourth floor double room which we checked into and as one, we collapsed onto the bed, side by side.

"Do we have to go out, babe?" I asked plaintively as his arm snaked around me, pulling me close so he could press his lips to my forehead. I wrapped an arm around him.

"Yeah," he sighed. "Even if I didn't want to stop the twins destroying Reykjavik, we have to get to the Archives before Drago realises I'm here. Because when we arrived, people were watching." I shifted onto my side to stare into his face and he sighed. "After all these years, I kind of have a sense of being watched. And I know that Drago's people will be on our tail." I hugged him and sighed.

"Hey, babe-you're just a researcher here from the University of St Andrews, working for your Masters in Ancient Nordic Languages," I reminded him and he smiled.

"Thor, I had forgotten," he smiled. "I'm back at school again...for the last three days..."

"Only way to have waterproof cover, babe," I pointed out. "You are a registered student again-you even have an NUS card..." He smiled and lay back, before fishing out the smartphone he had been given by BERK. It was the newest, most powerful model and as he logged into the hotel wifi, he sighed.

"Archives are closed for the day," he reported with a sigh. "Forgot about the time it would take to fly and travel and...well, I think it's early closing today." I sat up and sighed.

"Okay-so we unpack, freshen up and then I think we should go for a walk..." I began and then I groaned. "Sorry, babe-thoughtless..." I apologised but he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me back down, kissing me very tenderly.

"Actually, I quite fancy a walk myself," he told me. "My leg is stiff and Gothi was very adamant I need to exercise..."

"Love you," I mumbled.

"Me too," he murmured. I smirked.

"You love you?" I teased him and he sighed.

"I love you," he told me and kissed the tip of my nose. "Now please help me up and we can see if we can get a little walk before dinner..." I sat up again and grabbed his hands, hauling him up to a sitting position. "You go first..."

After a fast shower and a change of clothing, we wrapped up and headed along the road-Laugavegur, I think-which had a number of nice but pricey shops and a selection of restaurants. But the houses were colourful and sturdy but different to home, the street was straight and very clean and the people were friendly. And when we reached the end, we could see the expanse of Reykjavik Bay laid down ahead of us and I smiled. He stood behind me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me back against his body, nuzzling into my neck.

"This is perfect, Astrid," he murmured. "I just wish that I could have brought you here for a holiday where we could spend time together, just sightseeing and walking and enjoying this place...but instead..." I turned my head and kissed his cheek.

"You know, babe-if we go on holiday, I would prefer somewhere sunny and warm," I told him. "And I know the dragons would be with me on that..." He sniggered against my neck, kissing me lightly.

"Yeah-I can see British Airways really allowing them into Business," he chuckled. "But of course, not really designed for sunny. You may not have noticed due to the fabulous Scottish weather...but I'm a bit...freckly...and if you put me into the sun, I turn into one huge freckle, moments before I turn bright red, peel and get sunstroke..." I couldn't help myself-I burst out laughing.

"I promise I'll get you sunblock and a parasol," I giggled as he tightened his hug around me. "We'll go somewhere that we can both enjoy...but for now, this is perfect."