Impulse| Crush.

So this was a request where the reader is best friends with Bart but in love with Impulse, and she doesn't know they're the same person and so on.

Anywho here it goes, I left it as Y/N.

__________________________________________________________

Your P.O.V.

"Isn't he just so cute!" You gush as Bart rolls his eyes and looks at the photo on your phone with brows raised.

"You can barely see him Y/N." He mused as you sigh.

"Well I was far away, and the zoom on the camera sucks, plus he moves pretty quick. I was lucky to be able to get a picture before he ran off." you mutter lowly as you push your phone back into your pocket. 

Bart stays silent as the two of you continue to walk down the street. You were on your way home after another long day of school but luckily it was Friday which meant you now had a full weekend to relax with.

"The point is, the kid is cute." You tell Bart as Bart's brows scrunch up.

"How do you know it's a kid?" Bart asks you.

"He, he is a kid, and you can just tell." You argue as Bart snorts.

"Stalkerish." He mused as you roll your eyes while you reach your apartment complex.

"Observive." You counter as Bart smiles.

"See you Monday." Bart states as you grin and nod.

"Bye Bart!" You call as you walk towards the door of the apartment complex while Bart shakes his head lightly and crosses the street quickly as you enter the safety of the apartment.

That Sunday as you were rushing to the park, going to meet up with some friends, someone suddenly some grabbed you from behind and something sharp pricked your shoulder causing the world went dark.

You come to what felt like hours later, blinking and finding yourself strapped to a table, bright light shining down on you. You groan and try to sit up, wincing when something digs into your wrist and tugs on your chest preventing you from getting up.

"Help!" you call out, licking your dry lips as you look to your side and squint your eyes.

"Hello!"

"Somebody help!" You yell out again before groaning when you got no response. You try to tug on the restraints on your hands before the straps start to leave your skin red and raw. You close your eyes and let out a breathe, just wanting to get out of this awful conversation. 

You feel a gush of wind by your side and open your eyes to spot the brunette in a red suit, a bold lightning bolt on the front.

"Impulse." You mumble as his lips pull up slightly.

"I'm going to get you out." He states, voice coming out deformed and you figure it was a way to hide his true voice, sorta like Batman, because there was no way anyone could have that deep of a voice.

Before you could even question him he was done untying the rope, holding it in one hand as he stood in front of you.

"Wow you're fast." You mutter out, almost wanting to smack yourself afterward as he helps you up quickly before smiling at you.

"I'm going to need you to get on to my back and keep your head down alright beautiful? When I tap your thigh take a deep breath in and try to hold until we stop okay?" He asks you. You nod as he bends down a bit to help you on to his back in a piggyback style. You hide your head in his neck and take in a deep breath as his fingers tap your thigh.

When he stopped you lifted your head and took in a breath, brows furrowing when you realized you were in the park across the street from your house.

"Are you okay? Do you need me to take you anywhere." Impulse asks you, voice distorted along with his face. He looked like he was vibrating quickly, trying to keep his face from your view.

"I'm okay." You answer him as he steps back.

"Good, have to go, stay out of trouble." And then he's gone. You glance at the direction he had run off to and smile before crossing the street and going home.

The next day at school you quickly run to Bart, dropping your arm in his and smiling up at him.

"Guess who I met yesterday?!" You ask in a loud voice causing people to glance your way.

"Uh, Batman?" He asks as he turns the dial on his locker.

"In Central City? No dummy, impulse!" He gasps in mock shock as he pulls out his history book.

"No way, finally met your celebrity crush did you?" He asks you with a big smile. You roll your eyes and bump our shoulder into his as he closes his locker door and starts to walk towards your next class.

"I do not have a crush on him." You defend as he rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Sure, now come on, we'll be late to class."

Bart made fun of your crush on Impulse the rest of the week, you quickly ignored him though throwing back his obvious interest in Batgirl back at him.

"She's amazing!" He had defended as you laughed and continues the walk home, stopping when a large guy stepped in front of you and pointed a gun your way.

"Bart?" Your voice was shaky but you kept your eyes locked on the man in front of you instead of turning to your friend. In a flash of yellow and red the guy was suddenly tied up on the floor, gun discarded on the side causing you to turn to Bart quickly, eyes widening when you spot him in a yellow and red suit.

"I forgot to change didn't I?" He asks as you gasp.

"You?!" He flinches but nods sheepishly and runs a hand throw his dark hair.

"And you just let me ramble about you the whole time!" You shout causing him to chuckle.

"Well I wasn't going to stop you." He admits causing you to smack his arm before covering your eyes with a groan as your cheeks grew red.

"God this is embarrassing." You mutter as he chuckles.

"Quite cute actually." He states causing you to look up at him with a glare, not shocked to see him dressed in regular clothes once more.

"This stays in between us alright?" 

"Yes mam." He mutters with a small grin before the two of you continue your walk home.

"Guess I was right about you being a kid."

"Uh huh, see you Monday Y/N." You smile and nod as you rush inside your house, letting out a small squeak of excitement as you locked the door.

___________________________________________________________________

Ta da, here it is, late as usual.  Vote and comment and next should be the third part of Damian's mind control fic.