Chapter 12

Emma's POV

Killian was going to tell me about his brother, but he freaked out and didnt know how to tell me. That was two days ago. So I decided to talk to Robin about this to find out why Killian backed out of telling me.

"Look I just have to ask. Killian backed out when he was gonna tell me what happened to his brother. So I need to know why he did that?" I ask.

"Well Killian was very close with brother and what happened really hurt him. He most likely didnt tell you because he didnt want to appear weak or something." Robin says.

"Well I wont push him, I just want to understand him. I just feel like if I knew it would help me understand whats going through his mind alittle better." I say.

Robin was going to reply when we saw Killian and he knew what we were talking about. The rest of the day I noticed he wasnt talking to Robin and after school I asked him to come over and he told me he was mad. I decided to go over to his house to talk to him.

"Not in the mood Swan." Killian says when he answers the door.

"Please... I was just asking him why you backed out of telling me. He thinks its cause you dont want to look weak. Im sorry if its like Im pressuring you. I just want to understand." I say.

I was about to walk away when he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

"I know you just want to know so yo can try to help me and thats sweet. Its just I dont know if its something that I should tell. This isnt like your problems that I love to hear. I dont want to bring you down with this past thing." He says.

"Well if you want to tell me. Im right here." I say.

He took and deep breath and looked right at me. I placed my hand on his and I could tell I was about to know what happened.

"Look about 5 years ago I was 12 and my older brother Liam was the age I am now... Well he didnt call my dad to tell him where he was when he was running late. He ended up meet this man late at night who said he had some rare baseball card or something... Anyway it was a scam. My brother went missing for about 6 months before his body was found.... My father is just so terrified that he will lose me the same way he lost Liam. So Swan that what happened." He says.

I looked at his face and he was upset so I placed my hand on his cheek and he just looked at me.

"Im sorry. I didnt know you lost brother. I just though maybe he doesnt speak to your family or something. God Killian thats terrible that you guys lost him. I understand now why your dad needs to know where you are and I now realize why its hard for you. I mean I had my small issues talked out, but they dont even compaire to the pain you and your father went through." I say.

"Swan, your issues may be smaller then that, but its easier to help you feel better cause your things are easy to change. I cant change what happened to my brother, but you know what thats just how things go. Enough about this how about we just relax and watch a movie or something." He says.

"Yeah a movie sounds nice." I say.

I knew the truth and Killian seemed to feel alot better now that I knew. He didnt want to keep talking about which I understood. So for the rest of the day we just watched movies and cuddled on the couch. I guess its safe to say that I dont ever want to let him go. Not now... Not ever.