Memory 11: Because That is Love

RAVI'S POV:

"OH MY GOD! OPPA! You were amazing out there! All of you were!" She was jumping up and down as she cooed eagerly.

"Ah, noona! Then what about me?" Our maknae expressed disappointment at the lack of attention he received as she rushed to his side and patted his taller shoulder with her widest grin.

"Uli Sanghyukkie! Of course, you did absolutely well too. Awesome job everyone!"

The members greeted her one by one as they walked past her to their own spots until I was the only one left behind. Her starry eyes sparkled the moment they met mine and I couldn't hide the stupid grin that surfaced on my face right then. She ran towards me with her most breathtaking smile while my feet froze in stun by the bewitching beauty of it. The moment her arms reached out and wrapped around my neck, I forgot every single conflict that was clumped in my catastrophic head.

My brain stopped working.
My eyes stopped blinking.
My heart stopped beating.

The only thought that filled my heart and head at that moment was her alone.

Mira...

I breathed in her ever so intoxicating fragrance and embraced her back with all my heart. The longing image of her was smeared all over me as I closed my eyes to imprint the long-awaited moment with my whole existence. However, the realization of our bond's bitter reality crept into my head as my grip lost strength without my consent and she noticed it right away. I felt her detaching herself from me as I could clearly picture her concerned face searching mine for an explanation but I can't see her. And I can't even touch her. Though I know it would cause more damage to my sanity than self, I was still preparing for what's yet to happen sooner or later.

"Won-ah... Gwenchana? Is something wrong?" Her soft touch brushed against my skin as it sent harmless jolts down my nerves. After all these years, she still had such conquer over me and I was selfishly loving every bit of it. I opened my eyes to find her exquisite ones whelming with tears of concern and all my senses alarmed at once.

"Mira-yah... don't cry now, please. I'm fine, I really am." I grabbed her wrists tenderly but her head hung low in silence. Pulling her vulnerable figure closer, I hugged her with all my heart and soul as her tiny arms wrapped around my torso loosely.

"Mian-hae..." I whispered into her hair.

"For what?" She asked in a low voice after a few seconds. Breaking the embrace, I held her delicate hands in mine and took in her calm face for a while as she stood still.

"I was just... a little overwhelmed. Ever since debut, I have always imagined this very moment in my head over a million times. To have you waiting for me like this... And when I saw you running towards me laughing like that just now, I swear my heart fell right out of my chest. But..." I swallowed the lump in my throat and managed to smile through the pain that was gnawing me on the inside.

"But what, Won-ah?" Her elegant eyes examined mine.

"It was too beautiful for me to take in and that broke my heart a little. Mian-hae, Mira-yah..."

I fought back the urge to cry and smiled at her from the depth of my despaired heart. Her concerned eyes calmed down a little as she caressed my face with so much care. And I found myself leaning into her touch with eyes closed as I covered her delicate hand with mine. Rising on her toes, she reached up a little to level our heights and shortly, I felt the lushness of her lips gently grazing over my cheeks.