Memory 17 : You'll Be Happy

MIRA'S POV:

Flashback ~
Jamsil-dong, 2011.

"No freaking way! You've got to be kidding me, Kim Wonshik!" I literally screamed in shock at his seriously unbelievable statement but the boy still had the audacity to laugh instead of giving me any kind of response that could make me feel better.

"YAH! STOP LAUGHING AND START SPEAKING, KIM DAMNED WONSHIK!" I was hitting him with all my might but that only made him laugh even louder.

"I swear I'll break your legs and burn your eyes and barbeque you alive if you don't-" Before I could complete my threat, I was pulled into a deathlock hug by the rather stronger boy. We fell back on the ground while I suffered to wriggle my way out of his iron grip but no. It only got stronger with time.

"Calm down, my crazy panther. I know how lethal you can be so please stop with your psycho killer threats and hear me out!" His sentence may seem like a sincere request to defend his case but in reality, his tone was way more enticing and he was purposely whispering every single word in my ears at his own slow sensual pace. Not to mention how the intense intimacy of the way he was holding me in his arms only increased my heartbeat rate. For a moment, I was frozen still in his firm embrace.

"Now listen... The 'apricot juice' you drank yesterday was actually alcohol and for my utter dismay, you were out in the cold alone and that too with a total stranger, who I'm not sure whether smoked cigarette or weed. Then I had to carry you on my back all the way to this canola field and then to your dorm, during when you actually assaulted me with a lot of weird questions. And as a reward for answering them, you promised to follow me to Myeong-dong for shopping."

"That can't be true. I mean... how weird my questions must have been to grant such a reward, right?" My eyes drifted to everywhere except his dark ones. He chuckled a little by my distrust.

"Do you want to know what kind of weird things you asked me, Mira-yah?" Hilarity was still hopping in his eyes while I simply nodded in hesitation. Releasing me from his hold, he laid flat on one side while propping himself up on an elbow. He was facing me from the side and I angled myself a little towards him as well.

"Let's see..." He took out his free hand, preparing to count.

"Won-ah, wasseo? Won-ah, did you get my graduation present? Won-ah, how can romance be over? Won-ah, will we fall out of love?" I shot up in shock at his last line. There was no freaking high way on this whole planet where I would even accidentally blurt out such a thing.

"YAH, KIM WONSHIK! DON'T LIE!" I slapped his shoulder harder than I intended, causing him to lose balance on his elbow and he landed flat on his face.

"REALLY! Why would I have to lie about this, right?" Instead of getting up, he laid there like a hurt little puppy. And that image instantly tapped all the soft spots in my heart as I slowly began to rub the spot where I'd hit him earlier. We remained silent for some time while I kept stroking his shoulder and he didn't rush the moment either.

"Do you still not believe me, Mira-yah?" His rough voice was low and nervous.

"What did you answer then?" I said the only thing that I could think of at the moment while his ethereal eyes lit up in excitement. He caught both my hands as he got up onto his knees immediately.