Memory 13: Love Is Incomplete

MIRA'S POV:

I kept twirling the navy blue light stick thoughtlessly while its golden outlines glimmered with the constant change of colours. A fortnight had passed without a trace since my grand incident at Gangwon-do. And it has been exactly 14 days 12 hours and 38 minutes since I last saw him. Except for the fancams from the outdoor performances at California Beach special concerts that Jiwon and Sorim showed me, I heard nothing from his side.

Even when the news about Hakyeon oppa fainting on their second day of performance spread through social media like wildfire, I couldn't bring myself to call or at least text any of them and that made me feel entirely helpless

Even when the news about Hakyeon oppa fainting on their second day of performance spread through social media like wildfire, I couldn't bring myself to call or at least text any of them and that made me feel entirely helpless. I breathed out another lifeless sigh while I watched the numbers in the digital clock switch, indicating the pitiless passing of another minute.

"Yah, Kang Gia! You will break my starlight lightstick at this cost. Keep it back and what's with this sudden my soul has left my body trance? Are you astral projecting? Is this how one's supposed to be like after a healing trip?"

Sorim asked her  'WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED YOU?' in a different modulation for the innumerable nth time since I returned from Samhwasa. Giving up doesn't exist in her dictionary but like always, I shook it off with another half-hearted smile.

"Ji Ah eonnie is sad because, now that her paper is done, she will have to leave once the semester holidays begin. I think she is not ready to leave her beloved roommate yet. Geuchi, eonnie?" My darling roomie came to my rescue like the lovable munchkin she was but my rather intrusive housemate was still not satisfied.

"Or she might be sad to leave the hot idol group she's been working with. Or precisely speaking, anyone in particular..." She crossed her arms defensively.

Jiwon stopped stuffing her luggage and turned towards me with an uncertain look while I simply rolled my eyes. Feigning ignorance about the topic. Losing the last bits of her leftover patience, Sorim got up, throwing her hands in the air with an annoyed face.

"Fine, I'll cut to the chase. Didn't Go Shinwoo-nim fetch and send you back way more often or has my eyesight actually gone worse, Gia? Not to mention how, he, was the one who sent you back from your trip as well. Whereas you told me that you were going with the stylist eonnies. Alone. And it has been 2 damned weeks since then and I haven't even seen his shadow in this area while you- you have been all emo and entirely shut down for the whole time!"

My dear friend finally exploded due to her overwhelming concern and I couldn't help but be moved by her immense care. Fortunately, her suspicion was solely focused on VIXX's manager, who was only doing as told by their rapper. Thinking about that very man in question, instantly stirred surplus emotions in my heart. The thwarting and totally disturbing emotions that I've chosen to disregard as they were too heavy for my delicate heart to carry.