Memory 19 : Last Bits of My Heart

MIRA'S POV:

My fingers kept scrolling through the various news outlets as I failed to spot one with any updates about him. Until now, I have already rummaged through almost every online news channel available on the internet but nothing came in. Even the fancams hadn't posted any photos or videos from the event yet. Just then, I recalled the maknae's words from earlier.

"Hakyeon hyung and Taekwoon hyung are with manager hyung... they're talking to the reporters out there."

Perhaps, their agency and management took care of the absurd news outlets. Of course, they wouldn't want to have ridiculous rumors about his current condition spreading around without proper procedures. He might as well still be undergoing treatment or even better, in the recovery processes. They might be waiting for him to regain consciousness before releasing any official statement. So that the fans won't be worried. That must be it. Yes, that definitely is the case. I convinced myself again as desperately as I could.

Even my always inquisitive subconscious was now sitting emotionlessly in the middle of my empty head. Nothing except a plain trace of pitying expression was present on her face. She was sincerely sympathizing with my helplessness whereas to be honest, I was despising my own self. For everything I've done to him, I don't deserve pitying. I deserved punishment. A rather merciless one for all the hardships I had put him through till now.

"Gia-yah... is it okay to go through the main entrance? What if there are a lot of people?" Lina's worried voice interrupted my inner thoughts as I reprocessed her words in my head again.

She was concerned about the fans and reporters but I highly doubted any of their presence due to the absurd silence in all social media. It appeared as though VIXX Ravi didn't exist and even if he did, nothing tragic happened to him at all. Everything seemed so fine that I was getting madder at this mistreatment as it triggered a certain vague intuition in my head. However, before I could dwell deep on that indistinct insight, we arrived at the said hospital's back entrance. My eyes shot wide open at the large signboards in bright red before whipping towards the older woman beside me.

'EMERGENCY WARD'

"Didn't you say that he was pretty serious, my dear?" She seemed equally nervous as I was and I couldn't blame her either.

Carefully, I scanned the surrounding for familiar items such as navy blue banners and lightsticks or at least any accustomed faces but no. Not a single Starlight nor the staffs were in sight. Alarmed ambulances kept entering and exiting the various zones, separated by colors that indicated the stages of case's emergency while staffs in white coats and nursing caps were working diligently. Apart from the patients and a few other medical staffs, the emergency ward entrance had no trace of an Idol being admitted.

"Where is everyone? He is hurt and nobody cares..."

"Maybe they covered the news for now, Gia-yah... K-Pop entertainment industry works differently than the rest." Lina's comment made me realize how I'd spoken my mind out louder by mistake.

Immediately, I ran out of the rented vehicle and rushed towards the hectic reception. A few nurses and medical staffs were all busily working while I waited for my turn rather impatiently. Beside me was a half conscious man, slouched on a wheelchair. His whole body was soaking with blood and horrible open wounds that would haunt one's dreams were all over his bruised body.

The other man before him was equally injured but he could still stand and was conscious enough to fill in the procedure forms. Soon after he was done, both the men were rushed away on surgical stretchers. Somewhere amidst the chaos, I heard the staff nurses comment about the severity of their injuries and they mentioned the cause of it rather too casually for my comfort.