Strangers

Eduardo's Pov:

I just wanted to buy a diet coke to calm me down. Trapped in the idiot's body, seriously?! This was all their fault. The fault of my childhood enemy and his stupid friends. I'm sure they WANTED us to steal the amulet and swap bodies!

I went in the supermarket where I always bought my food. A few people looked at me when I came in. Well, I was really angry and they saw it. Hopefully none of them knew Jon or else this would become embarrassing.

"Is everything okay, mister?", some woman asked. Ugh! I just ignored her and stepped to the shelve with the diet coke and took one of it.

At least I found Jon's purse in his jacket so I could pay the coke. When I left the supermarket I almost bumped into two men standing outside.

"Hey! Watch out where you're going!", one of them shouted. The man had large eyebrows and looked familiar. Did I know him? I guess we knew each other. Maybe primary school.

"You are in my way, idiot!", I snarled. Today was such a bad day. I would punch him if I were still in my body but I couldn't because that stupid amulet. I really hated my neighbours for this. It was their fault. Not mine. They bought the amulet and caused all this trouble. Why did I have to suffer, too?

"Sorry for that. My friend is a little pissed being here", the other man said. "But we are trying to find someone. A man with hair like two horns. He is wearing a red hoodie. Could you help us?"

"I don't have time for that shit." I didn't care about those people or what they were doing. I just wanted to change this body swap thing back! Why should I help them anyway? I knew who they wanted to find but I had really better things to do.

The second man sighed. "Okay then. But if you see him here is our number." He gave me a piece of paper. His friend mumbled something. I wished to be in MY Body.

I  just turned around and walked away but I could hear them talking.

"We have to find the red leader. He might be in danger."

"He told us to wait, Pat."

"But he didn't text or call us since he left! What if they have figured it out? He could be dead!"

I didn't care about the mysterious conversation of the men. I would better go back home and cut my neighbours down to size.

While I walked along the street I noticed one of my neighbours, Tom, coming out of a shop. If it was true what they said, they swapped bodies, too, and the ginger was in that body right now.

But did they really swap bodies? I didn't believe them. And he had bought seven bottles of Smirnoff. Did they really swap bodies? Only Tom would buy this stuff and drink it.

"I thought you swapped bodies, too?", I asked him in an angry tone and glared at him.

He looked at me. But I wasn't sure if he really looked at me with his 'eyes'. "We did. Why do you think we didn't?", he questioned annoyed.

I shook my head. "You are not acting like you swapped bodies with the others. You have bought Smirnoff and you are going to get drunk! Admit it: you didn't swap bodies!"

"You think I am actually Tom?" He looked surprised. "Yay, I'm awesome!", he cheered. "Oh, wait, I mean: You are really stupid."

What was going on?! I was confused. This guy was crazy. If he wasn't Tom why did he pretend to be him? It didn't make any sense! What the hell was wrong with him then?!

He must have seen my puzzled expression because he explained: "The amulet wants us to understand each other. I think the best way to get our bodies back might be acting like the person we are right now." I noticed he had the amulet in one of his hands.

"Then why haven't you told your friends yet?", I wanted to know. "Do they know you have got the amulet?"

"They are mad at me. Why should I tell them?" He made no sense. Why was he one of Edd's friends again?

"You are that stupid ginger, right?", I asked.

"I am not stupid! And now excuse me, I have...to get drunk." He walked away but then he turned around again. "I am doing this for my face."

He was definitively crazy. It might be better to go back to my friends. Or else I would become insane like he did.