We need to talk

Edds Pov:

I was so happy Matt was back. There could have happened a lot of weird stuff with him and I had been worried after the things Eduardo told me.

I hugged him and smiled. "Did you drink any cola while I wasn't there?", Matt asked me. "Did you hurt my teeth with it?"

"No...", I answered. He only cares about his looks, I should have seen that coming.

"We have other things to discuss now", Tom said.

"What do you mean?", Tord asked him.

"We need to swap our bodies back, especially after Edd noticed this is changing us.", Tom responded. I nodded.

"What did you mean with that?", Matt asked me. " 'It changes our personality', what do you mean?"

How did he know I said our personalities changed? He wasn't there when I said this to Tom... Did he hide under the bed by that time? It would explain the squeak. But why did he hide? I would have to ask him about Tom's secret. Maybe he knew something about it.

"Okay, I noticed a few things. Tom, you grined like Tord before you ran away to find Matt and I am not sure if you heard it, but Tord acted a lot like me when you left", I explained. My friends looked at me and were silent for a few seconds.

"Edd is just seeing things. There is no way that is happening", Tord mumbled.

"You called Tom with your name", I said.

"This...this can happen sometimes. Everyone does weird stuff sometimes."

"I don't remember you ever called me like that, commie", Tom chuckled. Tord glared at him. "Shut up, Jehovah's witness!"

"Tord, you are lying to yourself." It surprised me Matt said something to him. And did he just say Tord's name right?

"I don't care if you believe me or not, we need to swap our bodies back!", I shouted.

"All of us want to have THEIR bodies back, Edd", Tom replied.

"Yeah, but the neighbours told us they would steal the amulet soon. We have to hurry finding out how to swap back", Tord answered.

"Nobody asked you- wait, the neighbours want to steal it?", Tom repeated.

"Yes, they came here and Eduardo told us he would get it 'with or without our permission'. Seriously, he is just dumb."

"We need to find out how to swap back. What were we doing when we swapped bodies?", I questioned my friends.

"Me and Tord were fighting because he was an asshole like always, you tried to make us stop and Matt was angry we called the amulet rubbish." Tom looked at me. "Everyone was angry. I was angry Tord came back and...yeah..."

"You were angry because Edd treated me so good after I came back", Tord growled. " You were jealous and you still are."

"Yes, but hey, I can hurt your body now", Tom smirked and walked to Tord. Tord growled and punched Tom in the stomach. He didn't care that was his body, not any more.

"Tom, Tord, stop it. We still need to fix this."

"Edd, don't stop us from doing something we want to do." Tom and Tord were such idiots. Why did they always need to fight? They didn't know each others feelings, but liked it to fight.

"Fighting won't solve this!", Matt shouted, but they didn't listen.

"You're hurting my face!", I yelled when Tom hit Tord. Wait, what? Did I just...act like Matt? But no one heard what I said.

Matt put the amulet on the table and watched them fighting. "Why don't you do anything against it?", I asked him scared.

Tord were sitting on Tom now and hit his face with a cola can. At least they weren't bleeding yet. I didn't understand them. Why were they always fighting?

"I don't want my face to-"

"You are NOT in your body!", I interrupted him. Were all my friends idiots? "If you don't make them stop I will."

"This could hurt my face", Matt whimpered and stopped me from running to them and stop them fighting. I rolled with my eyes and looked around for something I could throw at my fighting friends to make them stop. Instead of a vase or anything else my eyes rested on the amulet on the table.

I didn't see it glowing when we swapped bodies, but now I saw it. We would swap bodies again

"Matt...the amulet!", I whispered. I wanted to shout it, but I couldn't. Did he even hear me? No, he didn't. I was too quiet. But they had to know it!

I grabbed the amulet from the table. Right in that moment the light filled the whole room and everything went black. The last thing I saw were my fighting friends and a scared Matt. I will be myself again, I thought. Oh boy, I was so wrong.