It's hard to hide a secret

Tord's Pov:

I sat on the sofa and waited. Edd heard voices and thought Tom and Matt would be here again, so he went to Tom's room. The room where all my stuff was in. I had been surprised when I came back and they still hadn't seen it. But it was good for my plan, so I was pretty happy about it.

Ringo jumped on the sofa and crawled into my lap. "Go somewhere else! I am not Edd." But his cat didn't realise that. I tried to push her away, but Ringo just snuggled into my hoodie. No, Edd's hoodie. I sighed and started to pet her, so she purred.

I thought about the things Edd said to me. Was he right? Did our personalities changed while we were in the body of someone else?

"You can keep a secret, right?", I asked the cat. She just purred again. "Of course you can."

I smiled at the cat. "For years I am the leader of an army. The Red Army." It felt good saying that. I had needed someone to talk about it, and Ringo couldn't tell anybody.

"Armies have guns and are allowed to kill people. My army is going to rule the world!" The cat smiled at me. Well, I think it was a smile.

"But if Tom knew or Edd or Matt they would force me to give this up. They would try to get me to leave the army and go on adventures again", I sighed. I loved the adventures, but I wanted more. I was the one who should rule the world. I didn't need friends and adventure. I needed an army and to be the Red Leader. I was silent, closed my eyes and imagined me as the ruler of the world.

"I don't need them", I mumbled after a while and opened my eyes again.

"What don't you need?" I jumped and saw Edd was standing next to me.

"Edd! I thought you were looking if Tom and Matt are back!", I shouted. Why did he have to come back while I talked about the army?! Why did I even talk about it?! That was stupid! Only people like Edd said what they thought to a cat...only people like Edd... No, he was wrong! He couldn't be right!

"Well, I was there. Tom is back, but Matt isn't. And Tom is hiding something." Edd sounded sad. It made him sad his friends had secrets. He expected my help. But I had my own secrets I had to hide, I didn't care about his. Maybe I should have answered.

"But seriously, what don't you need?" Oh, come on!

"I-I..." Help, I thought. "I just don't know...I want to do this alone, I..."

Edd didn't know what I was talking about and thought I talked about the body swap. "Oh, don't worry. We are doing this together. You just have to see this as an...EDDventure." He grined.

We swapped bodies and he made a pun. I should have known it. Classic Edd.

In that moment we heard noises from outside. We looked at each other, then we went to the window and looked through it.

"Eduardo!", Edd growled when he saw his enemy talking to his friends. But did they really talk? It looked more like they were arguing.

"What are they-?" Edd weren't able to finish his question because Eduardo ran to the front door of Edd's house and knocked loudly. Mark and Jon or whatever their names were following him.

We walked to the door and opened it.

"You are-!!!" Eduardo started, but Edd slammed the door, so he couldn't yell at us anymore.

"Why did you do that?", I asked confused.

"Just for fun", he grined. "This is the first time he comes to our house because he needs help."

But then he opened the door again. Eduardo seemed to be more furious than he was before Edd slammed the door. "Give us the amulet!", he hissed.

"We don't have it", I answered.

"What do you mean with you don't have it?", Jon asked scared.

"Matt has it and he is not here yet."

"Isn't that the one who wanted to get drunk to get his body back?", Eduardo questioned.

"Yes?", I said. It was more a question than an answer. Neither me nor Edd know if it was true what Eduardo said.

"We will never get our bodies back", Mark sighed.

Eduardo looked at him, then he hit Jon. "I didn't do anything!", Jon whined.

"Yes, but I can't hit myself. Why are you acting like a child, your body is weak. It doesn't hurt.". Eduardo answered.

They turned around and walked away to their house, but suddenly Eduardo looked back. "As soon as the amulet is back here we will take it with or without your permission." This guy was really an idiot. He just told us about his plans.

Edd closed the door and looked at me. "Do you know now why I hate my neighbour?"

"I guess..."

"Guys?" Matt and Tom entered the room. How the bloody hell got Matt in here when we were at the front door the whole time? Did he climb through a window or something like that? Did he not wanted to be seen? But why?

"Matt, you are back!", Edd smiled and walked to him to hug him. Tom looked at me with an aggressive 'why do you look at him like that?' look. Edd was right, Tom had a secret.