Wednesday night lights?

Bram's pov

I'm not really sure why the hell my dad is here but I know it can't be good. I'm not even sure I remember the last time he's been in this house. He hasn't visited my mom in god knows how long. The only problem with him here is that I still have yet to come out to him. My mom knows (and is completely supportive of my relationship by the way) but I asked her to let me tell my dad. I wanted him to here it from me, but here we are almost 4 months later and he still believes that I'm very very straight.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Can't a father come see his boy every once and a while?"

"but you were talking with mom. I don't think I've seen that since I was 11."

"I just came down to see you play your last game before you're committed to a school. " that's literally the weirdest thing ever. I still have lots of games left. The actual reason he is here ? Your guess is as good as mine.

"Okay.. where are you staying?"

"Here, for the whole week." oh shit shit shit. I have dinner with Simon and his parents and it's this big thing that his older sister is flying in for and he told me to bring my mom. It's really fucking important to him and I can't mess this up.

"oh that's great" I say as I'm giving my mother the what the hell were you thinking look. She knows how important Friday was to me and now with my dad being here he's not going to want me to go since he barely makes it over here and I can't exactly tell him I have this important dinner with my boyfriend since I'm still not out yet.

"I'm really tired from practice so I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight."

"Night Bram" my parents say simultaneously. I run upstairs and immediately text Simon that I need to talk and hope to have a response soon. This entire thing may seem ridiculous, but with my dad staying with us he will know we are going somewhere Friday night and I'm almost certain that he will want to come with us so he can spend extra time with me but I can not let that happen.I need to find a way to get him out of my house before Friday. Why does this shit happen to me? Everything was going so good this week and now it's falling apart.

Simon's pov

Today is Brams game, so I'm wearing one of his soccer hoodies that has his number on the back and our school logo on the front. He left it at my house one night which means it's fair game for me to wear. I check my phone before going downstairs and I saw that I had a missed call and a text from Bram last night and now I instantly feel bad for going to bed early because it looks like he really needed to talk to me.

I finished my daily routine and started to make my way to the front door. Of course I took a bite of whatever Nora had made for us this morning and left. I started to drive towards Bram's house (not without stopping to get our coffee first) and texted him saying I was here. He walked out of his house wearing his jersey (typical tradition on every game day for every athlete) and smiled at me. Once he got in the car and settled himself in I handed him his coffee and leaned in for a kiss but instead he leaned away and said

"just drive Si please"

"Did I do something? I'm sorry I didn't respond to your message I fell asleep really early and saw it this morning, but I figured you could just tell me whatever you-" he cut me off by saying

"my dad is here"

"oh shit babe I'm sorry" now I really feel like a dickhead for not responding

"It's no big deal but that's why I leaned away. He was awake when I got up and could have easily been in the kitchen watching me walk down the driveway and I'm still not out to him yet. I didn't want him to find out like that. "