To The Moon And Back

Simon's pov 

Bram's parents were out there talking with the doctors and I couldn't help but assume the absolute worse situations. I just hope that he's okay and will recovery really really soon. I guess Nora and Alice were able to sense the quiet tension in the room because they both started reassuring me. 

" He's going to be fine Si. Don't worry " Alice tells me with a reassuring smile on her face. 

" I hope so. But why are they taking so long? If he is fine wouldn't they just say that the procedure was fine? what's with all of the extra talking? " 

" Relax baby bro. I'm sure they are just explaining how everything went down and answering whatever questions that his parents have. " 

" Can you go out there? Tell me what they are saying pleaseee!! I have to know he's okay " 

" I'm not Bram's family Simon they can't legally tell me shit. But you need to calm down. You're heart rate is going insane " 

"I'm going to go check on mom and dad" Nora said while grabbing her backpack.

" Nora you went to go see them like half an hour ago I'm sure nothing has changed  since then. " 

"How would you know that for sure? I'll be fast I just miss them. I want to make sure they are okay." 

"Okay. Just be quick. Bram will be here soon" 

" I know , I know " 

We waited another 5 ish minutes when Bram's mom came back into the room. Thank goodness I don't think I would be able to wait any longer. 

"He's okay , Everything went as expected nothing went wrong he'll be out shortly but he'll be asleep. They said he'll probably wake up in a few hours or so. " 

"He's going to be okay?" 

"He's going to be just fine Simon." she said that with such a loving tone I don't know how she could be so nice to someone who just ruined her sons future in soccer. 

" What about soccer? " 

"There's potential for him to get back on the field, but it's going to be at least a year or so of physical  therapy and training. I'm not sure if he'll gain back all of the skills that he had. Only time will really tell. " I think I'm feeling worse than before if that's even possible. 

"Simon he needs to focus on walking again before anything. I wouldn't be too worried about soccer right now. When that time comes we will worry about it." 

" He won't be able to walk!?" 

"They told me he's going to be on bed rest for a while and then he's going to have to work up the strength again in his leg to be able to start walking regularly again but he had to stay off of it for a while." 

I don't really know what else to say. I still can't believe that this is happening. 

A nurse came into my room and made sure that it was okay that they put Bram's bed in here with me. Of course I let her and she started to prep the other side of the room and maybe 20 minutes later they started to push Bram in here and hooked him up to all of the machines. HIs whole leg was wrapped up and was being elevated by these straps that they put up for him. I almost actually started crying just by looking at him all wrapped up. 

"Hey Si Visiting hours are almost over so I'm going to bring Nora home so she can get some rest. It's been a long few days for her. " 

" Yeah of course. What time will you guys be back tomorrow?"