Déjà Vu

Bram's pov 

"So it looks like you tore your meniscus" the doctor says stepping into my room and sliding the picture of my x-ray onto the x-ray illuminator board. 

Simon looks at me worried and squeezes my hand. 

"I don't understand how that could have happened. I've been going to therapy and I was cleared to start walking and running on my own again." 

"You might have overdone it or maybe your doctors cleared you before you were ready." she says 

"It hasn't been that long since the accident so I think you still should've been taking it easier than you have." 

"What's the treatment going to be like?" Simon asks clearly concerned for me. 

"Well we're going to get him into surgery as soon as possible so you don't injury it any further. Then it will be about six to eight weeks of physical therapy. It won't be as intense therapy as you had before just some stretches and exercises to regain the strength in your leg."  

"You may have to work a little harder in therapy just because of the condition of your leg before you tore it." 

"When should we schedule the surgery?" Simon asks. 

"I'm going to schedule an OR and see when the next earliest opening we have. It will probably be tomorrow morning. But I'll let you both know when I find out for sure when it will be. For right now just sit tight while I get a nurse to come set him up in his room." 

"Thank you Dr. Stone." 

"Of course. Get some sleep Abraham you're going to have a long day tomorrow. " She leaves the room  and Simon pulls me a hug and I rest my head on top of his shoulder. 

"This sucks." I sigh 

"You're going to get through this, you're the strongest person I know." 

"I hope so" 

"I should call my mom. She's going to want to know what's going on" I tell him looking around for my phone. 

"You left it in the car remember? I'll go get it." 

"Thanks babe. I'll be here" 

"mhm no problem. " He says giving me a quick kiss. 

After he left a nurse came in to start hooking me up to all the machines in my room. 

"Dr. Stone got caught up with a patient, but she told me to let you know that your surgery will be tomorrow morning at around 9:30." She tells me. 

"thank you for letting you know" 

"Not a problem. And before I start attaching you to these machines here's your gown. The bathroom is over there" She says  nodding her head to the back corner where the door to the bathroom is located. 

I took the gown from her and then went to change. I heard Simon coming back  into the room as I was changing. 

"Babe you're mom has been- oh sorry I didn't know there was someone in here." He says must have noticed that the nurse was in there instead of me. 

"It's no problem ! he's just changing into his gown. He should be out soon." 

I walk out to the room and put my clothes into the backpack that simon brought. 

"Ready?" The nurse asks putting a pillow case onto the pillow. 

"ready as I'll ever be." 

I layed down onto the bed and let her start pricking me with needles and hooking me up to the machines.