She's back

Bram's POV

The plan went through with exposing my dad. Madison kicked him out of their house and she's moving to a smaller place with my younger brother. She was devastated at first but she fixed her self really quickly. She wanted to stay strong for Tris. My dad is living in some motel I think until the women he was cheating on Madison with tells her kids about him. Yeah that's right her kids.  She's divorced though so she's not as bad as my father. As far as I know he's going to move in with her once she tells the fam. As for me, I'm doing great. I'm going home today and can walk sort of. I'm still on crutches until further notice, but I'm doing better in physical therapy as the days go on I'll be walking before I know it. 

"Are you happy you're finally getting out of here?" Abby asked me while packing up the rest of my stuff

"Hell yes. I don't want to spend another minute here." 

"I don't know how you did it. " 

"Did what?" I ask genuinely confused at what she meant.

"You were the one who was hurt, but stayed the strongest out of all of us. I don't think I've seen you shed a single tear" 

"That's not true. Nick and Garrett were fine every time they came here. And the only time Leah cried here was when I told her about Simon wouldn't wake up. Everyone was fine." 

"Well yeah they put on their strong faces when they came to visit you, but when as soon as we left everyone was a mess Bram. I've never seen Garrett cry so hard before. " 

"Garrett cried?" 

"Everyday. And Nick was devastated when he found out they had to finish the season without you. It got harder and harder for us everyday that you were stuck in here. Leah was upset because Simon wasn't himself without you by his side and I hated how fucked up my friends were so I tried to hold the fort together, keep everyone sane, but I lost it sometimes too. " 

"Damn abbs I'm sorry I put you all through hell and back." 

"Don't apologize it's not your fault. I just wanted you to know that we all love you so much Bram. And that you have all of us to support you. We all break sometimes and that's okay. " 

"I only was strong for Simon. I knew if he saw me give up which I came so close to so many times in that damn physical therapy room he would too. I was so afraid that he wasn't going to wake up and everyone started blaming him for the accident and he started to believe them so I had to be strong for the both of us." 

"You're a good boyfriend Bram" 

"I'm one of the best." 

"C'mon let's get you home to your lover boy. He's been waiting for this day" 

By the time I was settled back into the living room ( Wasn't feeling up for the stairs to my room) at home someone knocked at the front door so my mom went to open it.

"Who is that it's like almost 10" Simon says from beside me. 

"who knows. My mom will take care of them. Let's go to bed" 

"Don't have to tell me twice" He gets up to go get a blanket from my room when my mom comes into the room. 

"Bram. That was Madison and Tristan. They need to stay here for a few days maybe even weeks. Can we put Tristan in your room?" 

"Wait what" I said as I was trying to process all of the information my mom just told me and trying to do it fast since Madison just walked in with my little brother asleep in her arms. 

"Bram. Please" My step mom was almost begging me by now 

"Yeah, that's fine. Um Simon's getting a blanket for me but there's extras in my closet for him." 

She nodded and carefully walked up the stairs trying her best not to wake him up.

"Mom what the hell happened? Why are they here? Why is she back? " 

"I didn't have time to ask any questions Bram she just showed up. I know what you know. Absolutely nothing. " 

"Um why is your step mom here Bram?" 

"Your guess is as good as mine babe." 

"Simon maybe you should go home. We're obviously dealing with some family stuff you can come back tomorrow morning once we get everything sorted out." 

"Yeah of cou-" 

"No! you can't make him leave. Si you can stay. We can deal with this with you here. IT's not like she's hiding anything" I cut him off.

"Really Bram it's fine. I can come back and check on you tomorrow." 

"Please stay. " 

"Ms. Greenfeld is it okay?" 

"Fine you can stay" she sighed defeated. 

Simon helped me to the kitchen where we were all sitting around the table in silence waiting for Madison to come back downstairs. Once she finally found us in the kitchen we stayed quiet for a little longer trying to figure out where to start with the questions that we had. My mom made some tea for her and finally broke the silence after pouring her a glass. 

"So if you don't mind me asking, Madison, what made you come over and into  town?" 

"I didn't know where else to go. Everything in that house and that town reminded me of him. I needed to get out." She said tearing up a little

"So you came here? A place that has his son and his ex wife. Makes sense" 

"I didn't know where else to go. I knew you would be able to help me Dana"

"Look. You can stay as long as you need. Trust me I know it's hard and it's going to get a lot harder before it can get better, but you need to be there for your son. His dad walked out on him for another family. He lost someone too.  And he's younger, it's going to be hard for him to understand. He'll have a lot of questions" 

" Yeah take it from someone who's been there, but even younger. It sucks and he's going to be so confused and hurt." 

"I'm sorry Bram for putting you through that. You don't deserve any of it." 

Simon looked at me a little confused at what she said so I started to explain. 

"My dad cheated on my mom with madison. That's what caused the divorce. " 

"Holy shit" 

"I know. It's funny cause I was around Tristian's age. I guess he just gets bored after 10 years or so. What an asshole" 

"Bram. Can you go to the living room. Now." My mom said clearly pissed off at me.

"Yes ma'am. " I replied so I didn't make her any more mad then she already was. 

"Bram you have to be here for Tristan, don't you wish someone was there to walk you through it when it was happening to you?" 

"Of course and I did. I had Garrett and Nick." 

"Yeah, but his mom just took him away from everything he's ever known and all his friends. YOu need to step up for him." He kissed me and then turned so he was facing the wall and pulled the blanket up to his chin and then said goodnight leaving me with a lot to think about.