College....

Bram's POV

 Today's the day that I scheduled the college interview for the University of North Carolina. I'm honestly not interested in something 7 hours away from my boyfriend, but my mom told me that I should at least explore my options and they see something special in me so I should give them a chance. My plan is to stay somewhere in Georgia, somewhere close to home and Simon and I don't think I'll change my mind. 

"Abraham Greenfeld?" Who I'm assuming is the scout from The University of North Carolina asks me.

"Yes sir. That's me." I shake his hand and he then shakes hands with my mom and introduces himself. 

"I'm Andrew Wills. Soccer coach at the University of North Carolina.It's such a pleasure to be able to meet you Abraham the game you played on Wednesday was incredible."  I thanked him and he started asking me a whole bunch of questions going everywhere from how long I've been playing to my school life and how everything is at home. 

After about an hour of talking he finally started to talk about the offer he was willing to give me. I'm not going to lie I wasn't expecting much because as of right now all I've gotten for soccer scholarship wise was my rooming and meal plan paid for from some small school in Mississippi.  

"Well we are willing to offer a full ride if you are willing to join our athletics program for soccer." holy shit. A full ride and all I have to do is play? 

"Do you think that I could have some time to think about it? I want to make sure this is the school for me" I should honestly be accepting this without a second thought, but Simon... 

"Of course. We can set up another meeting and you can come tour the school and you can visually see how our athletic programs work. But just know that this offer won't be here forever. I need an answer as soon as possible please. " 

"Yes sir, Of course. Thank you so much" 

"There's something special we see in you Abraham. I hope to see you in the fall." He shook our hands one more time and then left. 

All I have to do is play for their soccer team and I'm guaranteed a full ride. I just have to sign a few papers and that's it I'll be going to school in North Carolina. They were really impressed with my academics also which is probably another reason why they really want me. What's better than showing that people that your athletes are also smart? Anyone in their right mind would take this deal without any other thought. Getting college paid for is a huge deal. The only thing keeping me here you ask? Simon Spier. 

My mom looked at me and she looked a little disappointed. She obviously wants me to take this offer and I really want to, but I just can't leave Simon. She didn't say anything to me until we were in the car. 

"Bram are you out of your mind? you have to take that offer." 

"I know, but mom I don't think I'd be able to leave Simon." 

"You cannot put a silly highschool relationship before your future and as of right now you haven't gotten any type of scholarship from any school in Georgia"

"It's not just a highschool relationship. We're in love mom. I see a future with him."

"I will not let you miss this opportunity for him Bram I'm sorry but this is huge. We are going to call him back later and tell him that you gladly accept." 

"What if I get something just as good offered from a school in Georgia? I can't just jump on the first big scholarship I get." 

"Do you understand what he's offering you? A full ride Bram. Everything is going to be paid for. You need to accept it. " 

"I know what he's offering me. But I told you-" she cut me off from finishing 

"You will not put your boyfriend before you.It's 7 hours away he can come visit on the weekends or something." 

"Exactly! 7 hours! I don't want to be 7 hours away!" 

"Do not raise your voice at me Abraham." I'm trying so hard to roll my eyes out of my head right now but she's being so fucking annoying. Why can't she just let me think about it and talk about it with Simon. I understand that this is  the biggest offer I've gotten yet and of course my mom wants me to accept. But she's just not seeing where I'm coming from or at least not trying to see where I'm coming from. How am I going to be able to me almost a 7 hour car ride away from him? I can barely make it through the first half of the school day that I'm not able to see him for since we have no classes together in the morning. I know that he's going to want me to take it but it's just going to be so hard not being at the same school with him like the plans were.

"I just need time to think about it. I never declined it I just need some time." 

"This offer isn't going to be here forever. You need to fix wherever your head is at and realize how much he is actually offering you."

"I know what he's offering me and I know it's so rare to see,but mom Simon is so special to me. He finally made me feel like I belong somewhere. He made me feel so damn proud in myself and he makes me so fucking happy and I'm sorry but I would much rather put my happiness over a school 7 hours away from the only person who keeps me sane." 

"I want you to be happy baby. But I don't want you to regret it. I'll give you time to think but I need you to actually give this place a chance. If we don't hear from any other schools closer I want you to take it." 

"I can't promise you that I'll accept it. If it doesn't feel 100% right to be I'm not going to take it" 

"Do you hear how crazy you sound? I'm sure everyone on that team would kill to have a full ride and you're going to give it up for some boy?"

"How many times do I have to tell you that he's not just some boy!"

"Yeah I know he's the love of your life" she said while putting air quotes around the words love of your life. 

"Where I got to school is my choice. I'm not going to go somewhere because of how much money they give me" 

"You have until the end of the week to decide. If you're still not sure then we are accepting it. I will not let you give this up" why is she so fucking annoying 

"Would you like to repeat that?" oh shit I did not mean to say that out loud

"No ma'am" I said while looking down. She makes me so fucking angry. This is my decision not hers. I honestly don't know why the hell she's even involved in where I'm going to school. It's not fair. 

"It's not my fault you don't understand how special love is since you married a homophobic asshole. " 

"I understand where you're coming from, but don't you see that you're blowing this a little bit out of proportion? It's not like I'm never letting you see him again"

"I can barely make it through the school day without seeing him. How am I supposed to be able to make it and entire week and maybe more if I'm can't make it here for the weekends. Can you at least try to see it from my point of view for once?" 

"The end of the week Bram." 

I didn't respond and unlocked my phone to see a text from Nick which reads "Your boy got an interview for the university of north carolinaaaaa!!!!!!" I texted him back that I was hoping for the best and didn't even think about mentioning that I just got back from one as well so I didn't take away from his moment. Right before I locked my phone a text from Simon came through 

"Hey babe! you down for a study date tomorrow?" I guess I have to tell him sooner than I thought. 

A/N

I'm so sorry it's a little shorter than normal but I still hope that everyone enjoyed it :))))