Heartbreak

Simon's pov

Things are finally getting back to normal around here. Well as normal as they can when Bram is still relearning how to use his leg muscles and when his brother are living at his house as of right now. So after Bram's mom and stepmom finished talking a few nights ago Madison stormed out of the house and we haven't seen her since. She hasn't called or texted any of us so we aren't really sure where the hell she went. She told us that she needed some time to herself and she needed to think things through. We weren't really sure what that meant, but she left her kid here giving Bram's mom another huge ass responsibility. We've tried calling his dad, but he hasn't responded to anyone. We weren't going to let him stay on the street so Bram's mom is going to watch over him until we can get a hold of one of his parents. 

"Simon!! My doctor said I can finally come back to school tomorrow!" Bram shouts from the couch as I walked through his front door. 

"That's amazing babe! I'm so proud of you" I give him a kiss and start to pull away, but he pulls me back on the couch with him and starts to deepen the kiss. By now we were basically having a makeout session when someone pulled me off of him. ugh I can't wait until we can go back into Bram's room. 

"Hey! there's a child that could easily walk in here and see you guys eating each other. Also Gross" Nick says. 

When the hell did he get in here? 

"Bram your mom let me in to give you your assignments. I just wanted to drop them off." 

"I already gave him everything everything for the week. " 

"I know, but Mr. Janas added a new homework assignment for tonight so I wanted to let Bram know. " 

" Thank you. Anything else? We were um kinda in the middle of something" Bram says while winking at me. 

" You guys are gross." 

"I think you're just jealous" I say 

"No, that's definitely not it. But can we talk? " Nick says seriously

" Yeah man of course, What's up? " Bram asks 

" Abby broke up with me today.  "

"No fucking way" Bram and I say at the same time. 

" It came out of nowhere. One minute we were laughing and telling jokes at lunch and then the next she was pulling me aside to tell me that she needed time to learn how to love herself before she could love me. " 

"Nick, I'm so sorry." Bram says while pulling Nick into a hug.

"We are here for you. Whatever you need whenever you need it. " 

"Can we go out tonight? I don't want to think about it any longer. I need to get out."

"Yeah of course. Any places in mind?" Bram asks. 

I know Bram means well and I know he wants to be there for Nick, but I can't help but worry about him. I know Nick is going to want to go to some party to help keep his mind off of Abby and I know that Bram is going to want to go to be there for him, but there's no way Bram is up for that kind of stuff yet.

" There's a new bar that just opened near the abandoned skate park like right out of town. " Nick says answering Brams question.

"You want to get wasted on a tuesday? " I ask

" I need something to drown the memories." 

"That's fair. We need to call Garrett and tell him the plan and to pick us up later tonight he can drive. But, we're all going to have to sneak out cause there's no way in hell any of our parents are going to let us out on a tuesday night. " 

"Sounds perfect. I'll call Garrett right now. I still have to tell him about me and abby." Nick says while walking out of the room. 

"Are you out of your fucking mind? " I ask Bram once I know Nick is completely out of the room. 

" What did I do wrong?" 

"You're going to try and sneak out... on crutches. Something about that doesn't seem like it's going to work." 

" I know it sounds dumb, but I have to be here for him. His girlfriend just broke up with him." 

"You can't even drink with the pain meds you have to take." 

"I won't drink then. I'll just be there for emotional support." 

"You don't have to do that at a Bar." 

"Simon, I'll be fine." 

"So if you can't drink, and Garrett can't drink because he's driving what's the point of going out with Nick to help him 'drown the memories' if no one can drink with him" I tell him 

"and don't give me some bullshit that you'll drive home so Garrett can drink because you barely have feeling in your right leg so how the hell are you supposed to drive." I continue my (mini) rant before letting him answer my question. 

"We can call and uber or something instead of driving so Garrett can have a few drinks with him. We aren't even planning on getting completely wasted if that's what you're thinking. Just enough to let him forget about his heartbreak for a night. " 

"You can't drink Bram. It will fuck with your meds. " I say sort of yelling at him.

"Can you tell me what's going on with you?" He says calmly 

"nothings going on with me." I say trying my hardest to hold back my tears. 

"Clearly something is or you wouldn't be yelling at me over this. I know I can't drink and I know not to let either of them drink and drive. I also know there's a high chance of me getting caught trying to sneak out by my mom, but I have to at least try and be there for Nick. So why don't you tell me what is actually going on so we can fix this. " 

" I almost lost you once and I'm so fucking afraid that It might happen again except this time I will actually lose you." I say while completely bursting into tears. 

"baby" He says while sitting down on the couch next to me and pulling me into a hug. 

"I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me for a long ass time. " he says while rubbing my back 

"I just don't want anything bad to happen to you. I can't imagine my life without you. "

"I'm sorry I didn't think of your feelings when I agreed to go clubbing on a tuesday." 

"Can't you guys just watch a movie or something. Take his mind off of abby safely. Please. " 

"I think I can make that happen. Just promise me that next time you'll be honest with me about your feelings so we don't have to fight again." 

"yes. I'm sorry" I apologize

"Totally forgiven. I love you. " 

"I love you more." 

Nick walks back into the room with tear stained cheeks making it obvious that he was crying. 

"Simon I'm sorry. I don't want him hurt either and I wasn't even thinking about how we all almost lost both of you a few weeks ago. We don't need to go clubbing. Let's just binge watch something with a lot of pizza and I'll be fine." Nick says while hugging me

"you were listening in on our conversation?" 

"Yes and I never want to see you cry again. I'm so sorry" He says  still not letting go of me

"It's okay Nick. But lets call Garrett over and start binging something" 

"I'll order the pizza! Simon go get snacks and drinks from the kitchen" Bram says

"Thank you guys for helping me feel better. I don't know where the hell I would be without you guys." 

A/N

Thank you guys for 7k reads ! I'm back to updating twice a week so you can expect another chapter soon probably on Friday or Saturday :))). Thank you guys for reading! I hope you liked it!! <3