knock knock

Simon's pov

"Hello?" Bram says

"Hi! We just wanted to say hello, we're your neighbors and we just wanted to introduce ourselves"

oh thank god it wasn't Martin. Bram looks back at me and motions me to come over.

I look at the two guys standing at our doorstep and see that they both have dark brown hair except one has super curly hair. The guy with curly hair had dark brown eyes while the other one had bright blue eyes. They were both very attractive but nothing like Bram.

"I'm Drew and this is Michael" The guy with the curly hair says.

"I'm Bram and this is my boyfriend Simon." Bram says putting his arm around me

I couldn't help but get nervous at their reactions when Bram said I was his boyfriend. What if they were homophobic?

Michael looked up at us and then smiled which calmed my nerves down a little bit.

"We're dating too" Michael says grabbing Drews hand.

"We like to test out the waters before we say anything just incase you know?" Drew says.

"Yeah I realized after I said it that I should be more careful. We're kinda just used to the stares and remarks already" Bram says

"We come from a pretty homophobic area." I add on.

"Us too " Michael says.

"There's not many homophobic people on this floor. Except the lady with like 14 cats in apartment 43. Watch out for her and the guy next door at 44." Drew tells us.

"You guys can come over if you would like, we can tell you all the gossip you need to know about this place." Michael say with a smile.

Bram looks at me to see if I'm okay with it and I of course nod my head.

"that would be great, thank you" Bram says nicely.

We walk into their apartment and we are immediately greeted by a small white dog.

"That's daisy" Michael says bending down to pick up the small dog.

"We can put her into our room if you're not a fan of dogs." Drew tells us

"Oh no it's fine. We both love dogs"

"Perfect" Michael says letting the dog roam freely around the room.

We sat in their living room and made small talk for awhile. We all instantly clicked and I'm glad that these guys are our first friends in New Jersey.

"There's a lot of people around here who won't really care about your relationship, But be careful because there are still a shit ton of people who will harass you for it. I don't want you guys getting hurt" Drew says getting serious for a second.

We thank him for looking out for us and then I ask him how he met Michael.

"My parents are divorced since I was about eleven and when I was 16 my dad had moved to Seattle. I had to spend summers with him so of course that next summer I was in Seattle. Me and my sister went out for dinner and we just happened to get a cute waiter" Drew says winking at Michael who started blushing a deep red.

"I was openly bi and was clearly flirting with this him and by the end of the night I had gotten his number written on our receipt. We texted that night and met up again the next day. I told him I was only here for the summer, and his response was that we could make it work. We started dating soon after that and then I had to leave about a month later. I came back every summer until I started college."