Heart to Heart with Leah

Bram's pov 

The rest of the day went pretty normal well if you would say that normal is having every teacher breathing down my neck making sure that I am 100% on task for their class. I guess word got around to them that I have to complete everything that I'm missing by next Friday to be able to show Principal Worth that I can graduate with my class this year. They are showing me no slack whatsoever and on top of everything else I need to turn in they just continue to pile on more and more worksheets and review packets for our end of course and not going to lie I honestly want to drop out of school right now. 

I know I should be going home to catch up on all of the work that I missed as much as I can in one night, but I just need one more night to myself before my life becomes all about school work for the next few weeks. I'm going to go to soccer practice tonight and hope that anyone who sees me there won't snitch on me. I know for a fact that as soon as any admin catches me doing anything but school work I'll be on thinner ice than I already am. 

I catch up with Leah after the final bell and we make our way to the soccer field. 

"How was the rest of your day?" She asks me 

Obviously nobody knows about the whole graduation dilemma that I am in right now because it literally happened like 2 class periods ago so I figured what a better time to tell her than now. 

"where to even begin" I start. She gives me a look as if she was saying to continue so I did. 

"After we left you and Garrett at lunch Martin came up to us and tried to convince me that him and Simon had a thing while I was out" 

"ew what the hell. He really expected you to believe that Simon cheated on you? With him of all people?"

"I know, we completely beat him at his own game and he got all made and left us. Before I could get into class a dean came by and told me that I had to go to the office because the principal was waiting for me and we needed to talk" 

"You got called into the office on your first day back? legendary" 

I told her about everything that is on the line if I am unable to catch up hella fast and how if I even breath the wrong way Worth will make me stay back a year so I can properly finish senior year. 

"He can't do that Can he?" she asks me nervously 

"He made it seem like he can. If i'm not done with all my missing work by next week I'm fucked" 

"then what the hell are you doing here? You need to get your ass home and work!" She was practically yelling which caught some of the guys' attention and before she could finish her mini lecture that I knew was coming a bunch of the guys ran over screaming my name and hugging me. 

"dude we thought you were dead !"  one of my teammates says

"Believe it or not I've actually gotten that a lot today" 

"I'm just messing with you, but I'm glad you finally decided to show your face here again. It's been forever man" 

"I know, I know. I was planning to come watch a few practices before, but I've been on house arrest this entire time" 

"When do you plan on coming back to play?"

"There's no exact date but soon" I know I shouldn't lie to them but I didn't want to the ruin the mood with 'I can never play again most likely' So I just kept that to myself for now 

Coach then blew the whistle signaling for everyone to come back onto the field.  Garrett kissed Leah before running back onto the field catching her by surprise. 

"Taking things slow huh" I mock her from our argument at lunch 

"You're so annoying " she blushes

"Your words not mine" I tell her with a laugh

"Why did you lie to them?" She asks me after a couple of minutes of us sitting in silence. 

"A little white lie never hurt anyone. " I say completely avoiding her question 

"okay, but why lie?" 

Obviously she's not giving up so I gave in and tried to explain my feelings as best as I could.

"I guess I'm just tired of letting everyone down." 

"you haven't been letting anyone down" she tells me 

"I still can't walk by myself which has Simon upset because he knows it's going to be almost impossible for us to dance with each other at prom. I'm not recovering as fast as I should be and it's just making it harder on my doctor's and trainers because now they have to work so much harder to try and fix me. I can't play which isn't only letting my team down but it also was my only shot at getting college paid for which is completely letting my mom down because now she has to help me pay for it which is so expensive I don't even know how I'm going to manage that one. I realized how i'm such a shitty brother because of how distant I've always been in my brother's life and how much I barely know him. And i've let all my teachers down because none of them believe in me anymore and they all think I should just finish school over the summer or next year. The principal's gave up on me and school is supposed to be something that I'm good at." I rant to her finally letting all of those feelings come out. 

"Bram you haven't let any of those people down. Simon doesn't give a shit about prom. He'd rather you be fine and take your time recovering than hurting yourself so you can dance with him at an over rated high school dance. And trust me everyone already knows you guys are power couple. Your doctors aren't upset with you they just want you to get better and so what that it's taking longer than someone else who went through what you did. Everyone recovers differently. I'm sure that you'll get plenty of scholarships based off of academics that will help with the cost. You're the smartest person I know!" 

she pulled me into a hug and for once since the crash I finally felt better. 

"Use all of your teachers and Mr. Worth's negativity for motivation. They don't think you can do it then show them you can. You're Bram fucking Greenfeld, the strongest person that I know" 

"You don't understand how much I needed to let that out" 

"We all need to rant every once in a while" 

"Thank you for being here for me Leah" 

"I'm always here, you know what you want now you just need to work as hard as you can and get it." 

A/N 

I'm sorry this was such a boring chapter, I'm starting to run out of ideas so if you have any please feel free to personal message me or comment and I'll try to add it into the book. As always that you for reading and I hope you enjoyed <3