Leave Her Be😠

Hi fam!!!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Love y'all!!

I sat back on my grandmother's plastic wrap sofa and inhaled the scent of pecan pie that drifted into the living room as I let the aroma of fresh salt water entered through the open windows of the small house she owned

Ahh, the perfect smell for a day like this one.

I didn't have to work today, thankfully.

I don't think I could've face that bitch, Kaylyn, today.

Ugh, she gets on my damn nerves.

I'm surprised Odell can't see through her and find that she's goldigger ass.

It's like every time I see her, there's "Knock my ass out" written across her forehead.

"You okay?", my grandmother asks noticing my balled up fists in my lap and handing me a plate of pecan pie and ice cream. "What's wrong?".

"Nothing, I'm just thinking about...things, that's all", I lied and helped her sit in her favorite chair by the window with the amazing view of the palm trees, when I saw her struggling.

I hated everything about her illness.

Pure bullshit.

My nana was diagnosed with Glaucoma 3 years ago and it has unfortunately has gotten worse since then. Vision loss, constant nausea, and sudden visual disturbances is something that occurs with her almost everyday.

It is really stressful but I continue to stay strong for the both of us, because it was in my blood, our family is full of strongheads just like me.

So it comes naturally.

And trust me it makes things 10x harder, especially living with my nana.

"You seem worried. If you concerned about the medical bills, don't worry that fine boyfriend of yours will handle it. What's his name again?", she says putting a finger on her chin thinking.

"Odell", I answered smiling.

Okay, of course Odell wasn't boyfriend...anymore.

We ended things 3 years ago shortly before the Glaucoma diagnosis.

But she doesn't know yet.

Right now I just wanted her stay happy for me.

And I plan to keep it that way.

When Odell and I first met, I was Nyjah's friend at the time and he had come over to her place, then we hit it off just like that.

As our relationship progressed, he met my nana and Odell quickly became her grandson that same day.