Complicated😢 Pt.2

Enjoy!!😘

"Where tha fuck they at?", I asked one of Ciara's uncles, Dave, while the hot sun outside beamed on us and some male ushers waiting to help carry the casket

We've been waiting for the funeral home people to bring Nana's....ya know, for almost two hours!!!

A nigga was sweating like crazy.

And my suit wasn't gonna be worth a shit when this was over.

Damn it.

Taking off my overcoat, I threw it over my shoulder casually and leaned on the brick railing on the stoop leading up to the church's entrance; trying to catch some shade.

Which I didn't, unfortunately.

Why'd it had to be so hot today???

And who would've known Georgia would be hotter than Florida????

"I know how much this means to you Odell and I promise we'll make it happen. They'll be here in a sec", Dave finally said wiping sweat from his forehead with a paper towel. "If not—he cracks his knuckles— we'll get the body ourselves and sue they asses".

I chuckled a little and nodded stuffing one of my hands in my pocket.

"A'ight", Odell reasons as Uncle D lit a cigarette and sat on the concrete sidewalk along the road.

How can a nigga make a joke funny at a funeral???

I don't know, but he sure knows how to brighten somebody's day.

I guess dats just one of his talents.....

Making a bad day feel like a good one.

Hearing happy upbeat piano music coming from inside the church, I instantly remembered what Nana told me a few months before she died.

"Don't let mourning get in way of your happiness and ignoring the ones you love, because they will be there no matter what shit comes yo way. Trust dat".