Chapter 30: Pretty Lady

CLATTONIA

"Starting off," I say as the others all watch me, "Jace's friend and coworker Asylum has decided to help us. Evidently, Asylum has never been happy working at White Rabbit, but knew that he couldn't do much by himself other than get caught and sentenced to death. However, following certain circumstances, he is now helping us. We also found out that Aether Gallaghan is the one who killed Midnight and that the papers Midnight found were about Operation Heavenly, which is something truly sinister. White Rabbit members captured a severely injured sixteen year old Supernatural named Azriel several years ago and they somehow managed to move his conscious into the body of a being they created who follows their orders and has instincts to kill any Supernatural beings. Azriel is known to be potentially unstoppable and should be considered lethal. Baelyne, another member of White Rabbit, worked on the project and checked on his vitals, but she didn't approve of what they were doing. Baelyne is the other ally we have gained along with Asylum. She claims that Azriel's memories and genetics were transferred over with his conscious and that the being still has his memories, but that something would have to bring them out. Reece may have a lead on this already. Other information that we learned is that a Supernatural named Minjonet Melek is conspiring with members of White Rabbit on Operation Heavenly and that one of the lead scientists is named Genna Bastille. At this time, this is all of the new information that we have learned."

"Wow," Labyrinth breathes out, "It sounds like we could be royally screwed, but of course, we won't let that happen."

"Right," I nod, "Are all of you okay with what the outcome may be if we continue? As one of your leaders, I will try my best to valiantly lead you all even if it comes down to my very last breath and until I get put in my grave and I wish us all the best, but all of you know the risks of our missions."

"Clattonia," Reece gets my attention and gives me a slight smile, "We know. They all know."

"Of course," I nod and give a small smile back to him before glancing back to the others, "You all know that already. Alright, we're going to start training more often and we'll be going on missions more often as well. Be prepared for anything and try to stay safe, got it? But first, we should try to figure out more on how to better deal with Nightshade's powders before we do anything else. In the meantime, train, rest, and prepare while we do so. I may have a few of you go out on reconnaissance missions, but I won't force anyone who is unwilling to do so."

"I'll try my best to finish up working on the deterrents for Nightshade's powders," Juniper says as she stands up, "And I'm sorry to have to leave, but I have to go check on Katsuro and give him more antibiotics."

"Go ahead," I nod, "I've said all that needs to be said anyway, and I appreciate all of your hard work."

Juniper smiles and nods before she hurries off to Katsuro.

"I will go continue working on the deterrents while Juniper checks on Katsuro," Caliber says before heading off down the hallway.

"I'm gonna go call Raphael," Reece says and heads outside.

"Is there anything that I can do right now?" Indigo asks.

"You and Ink can go out into the city and check on how things are going. Every little thing counts. See if you can learn anything or help someone in need, and if you hear a Supernatural woman with a French accent, it's most likely Minjonet, so be careful," I say.

"Alright!" Ink cheers and stands up, grabbing Indigo's hand and dragging her towards the door, "Let's go!"

I chuckle at the sight of the two. Ink cheerily dragging a flustered Indigo outside brings a sense of much needed lightheartedness to the group.