Chapter 39: Something Special

CLATTONIA

"So, um," Jace rubs the back of his neck as he walks over to where I'm standing in the medical room where Katsuro is staying as Juniper walks in with a limping Kazuki and carefully places him in the bed next to Katsuro, who frowns upon seeing Kazuki, "are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad, no, I couldn't possibly be mad at you. I'm upset. And that's a thousand times worse, isn't it?" I snap as I adjust Katsuro's sheets.

"I'm sorry," Jace flinches, "I really was going to tell you. That's why I came here today in the first place."

"I believe you," I say and glance over at him, "I'm just upset that you didn't tell me sooner."

Katsuro's eyes drift between the two of us and a look of confusion is plastered on his face.

"Have I really missed that much?" He asks.

"I thought you caught him up?" I ask Juniper, who is currently mixing a bowl of medicine for Kazuki.

"I did," Juniper says, "but he doesn't know what happened with Kazuki or what happened between you two."

"Oh," I sigh, rubbing my face before laughing slightly, "right, sorry. Kazuki is going to be cooperating with us, whether he likes it or not, and don't worry about what happened with Jace. It's not important. It's just something involving my past."

"Well, as long as everything's alright. And I think you need some rest," Katsuro frowns slightly at me, "you seem worn out."

"I'm fine," I insist and smile tiredly at him as Reece walks in.

"What are we going to do next?" Reece asks.

"I don't know if this is of any help, but my dad is going to Tokyo in a few days for a week with other members of White Rabbit," Jace says, "it could have something to do with what Minjonet wanted shipped there."

"Then I guess we're going to Tokyo," I say and Reece raises his eyebrows at me.

"All of us?" Reece asks, "wouldn't that be a bit risky?"

"No," I shake my head, "just you, me, Jace, Essence, Juniper, Caliber, Kazuki, and Lucian. Katsuro, Labyrinth, Aeryn, Valentina, Kai, Simon, Ink, and Indigo will stay here and keep charge of things. Lucian's older sister has a house in Tokyo that we can stay at."

"What?" Katsuro protests and looks visibly distressed as he sits up in bed quickly, "can't I go with?"

"Katsuro," Juniper frowns, "you need rest. You could get hurt if you come with us."

"I know, but--" Katsuro starts.

"Katsuro, for me, please? Stay here," Juniper gives him a worried and caring smile.

"Fine," Katsuro sighs in defeat, "I'll stay here and rest if you want me to."

"Thank you," Juniper says in an at ease manner as she breathes out a sigh of gratitude.

"Just promise me that you'll be careful," Katsuro says and Juniper nods.

"I will," Juniper says with a smile, which Katsuro returns, and Juniper goes back to tending to Kazuki.

"What's this about a trip to Tokyo?" Aeryn asks as she leans around the doorframe and her eyes scan the room, "I hear that they have great shopping clinics and I'd love to go see them."

"Aeryn, you can't go just for shopping," I sigh.

"Well, it was worth a try," Aeryn sighs in defeat.

"Hold on, why do I have to go?" Kazuki protests.

"Because you know more about Minjonet's plans than we do and you could prove useful," I say and Kazuki grumbles in annoyance.