001

We stopped looking for demons under the bed when we relised they were inside of our head - unknown

***

White walls. Empathy laughter.

It was not what I expected, but then again, I did not really have any expectations.

The hallway was cold. Cold and empty. Just like my heart, just like my thoughts.

"It will get better" they told me. "You will not feel this way forever."

But who had ever told me that they could be trusted. No one. No one was telling me anything, really. The walls of my room did not speak any other language than the language of silence.

Footsteps. More than two.

I glanced over to see my mother walking right besides me. Her beautiful brown eyes who once upon a time used to sparkle had lost their sparkle years ago, when the Dark Lord returned. Now they looked even more sad than usual. Knowing that this was my fault made me feel sicker. Sicker than I already felt.

'Mum?' I asked silently. Even though my voice was incredibly soft she still looked up. Her sad eyes found mine, who looked even more devastated than hers. 'Will I be alright?'

Whatever she would answer, it meant nothing. It would be a prediction, or worse; a lie.

'I do not know, love, I am sorry,' she answered. Despite that her answer was not what I wanted to hear, I let it be. Her eyes left mine and we stared back to the endless white hallway.

Something inside of me made me want to run. As fast as I could, as far a way as I possibly could. But there was another part of me which screamed you cannot leave. I knew that I would dan back into the darkness if I left now. To the loneliness that I had been feeling for months now.

The last thing I wanted was to wallow in my self-pity. I had done that for quite some time now, and believe me when I say that I refused to live like that any longer.

'We are almost there, my love. Are you one hundred percent sure that you still agree to our plan? I will not leave you without knowing that this is what you want as well.'

For a small moment, I did feel the familiar feeling of doubt building up inside of me. However, I decided not to listen to it, not this time.

'Sure,' I mumbled. 'I am ready.'

But then again I really was not. Maybe I would never feel ready for anything in my life again. Maybe I would never see the famous light at the end of the tunnel. However, I would never forgive myself for not taking the one chance of a better life. A life in which I might become happy again.

But maybe it was far too late for that. Maybe happiness was not a word in my dictionary anymore.

I saw my mother stop in the corner of my cold eyes. Her action made me stop directly as well, knowing that we had reached the psychologist office.

'Should I knock?'

I never answered that question. The fact that I did not move at all made my mother decide to knock herself. The sound of flesh and bone hitting a wooden door made me shrink. Before I knew it I felt a cold, slim hand sliding into mine.

My mother's small gesture give me a little more confidence. Something I definitely needed. Badly.

The door in front of us opened and a small, slim, grey-haired women greeted us.

'Good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, I am delighted to see you,' she spoke. Despite her length her voice was strong and powerful. 'Please come in, I just made some tea.'