017

I wish I could go back to the day that I met you and just walk away.
Because honestly, that would have saved me so much hurt and pain - unknown

***

To say that I was bored was a soft way to express a rather new feeling to me. The last years I always felt like there was so much I had to do, even though there really was not. Now that I had time over I felt bored again.

Harry was still with his friends, just like all the others. Dr. Dolan was with them, giving them emotional support or something like that and Cecilia had her day off. That meant I had to find a way to spent another hour or so by my self. Normally I would have just crawled back to my bed, covering myself completely with the blankets. This time however, I decided to do some navigating.

My body was resting on top of the hard material that formed the mattress where I had slept on for a little over a week. My eyes started to wonder in the opposite direction of my bed: to Harry's bed. He had not made his bed this morning  what resulted in me looking to a messy bed.

My body slowly got up and before I could stop myself they had carried me to his closet. I knew I did not have any right to look in his wardrobe, one that was equally messy as the rest of his side of the room.

I knew it was wrong, I knew I would regret it. But that did not stop my hands from opening the door slowly. The wooden door cracked underneath its own weight when I opened it, while my eyes secretly tried to look inside of the wardrobe. My eyes looked around the room one last time to make sure that no one was watching before I opened the doors completely.

What was inside was definitely not what I originally had hoped for. I thought that there might have been secret objects that he had hidden for me all along. But that were just thoughts, in reality there was nothing special about it. Just some clothes, shoes, socks and a few boxers. Nothing to special, nothing breath-taking shocking. Feeling slightly disappointed I closed the doors again and let my body fell on top of his mattress. The first thing I noticed was the fact that my body was completely covered in his smell, something that fell like a nice warm hug. Without reconsidering the consequences I pressed my nose into his pillow. Harry had his own, special smell that no one else had. It was the weirdest thing I had ever experienced, but lying there like that made me feel safe, calm and in a strange way loved.

I slowly closed my eyes who got heavier with every second ticking away on the clock. Before I realised what was happening my heart started to beat a little slower and my soul started to leave my body for a moment. Before I realised what I was doing I had fallen into a deep sleep. When my eyes closed the last time I felt really peaceful.

But when I had to open them again things were different. Several footsteps on the hallway filled my ears. By the time I had fully realised that they were coming my way it was too late. The door swung open, revealing not only Harry but Ginny, Hermione and Ron as well. They all looked at me, something that made me extremely uncomfortable. Especially because I had just woken up, my hair was a mess and most of all because I had fallen asleep in another bed; one that did not belong to me. Of course the only person who knew this was Harry himself. And that made me nervous. His green eyes looked content at me, while a smirk was lying on his lips.

'Bloody Hell,' Ron said suddenly, breaking the awkward silence that had fallen. 'So it is actually true.'

'Why would it not be?' Harry asked with a defensive tone hiding in his voice. 'Well,' Ron started nervously, glancing at me, 'you could have been slightly delusional.'

'Ronald,' Hermione said angrily to her boyfriend, hitting him softly. 'Do not listen to him Harry, of course we do not think that you are crazy, or delusional.'

Meanwhile I was still sitting there. On Harry's bed. With an extremely high heart rate and sweaty hands. I desperately tried to calm myself down and to make my breath a little steadier, something in which I did not succeed.

'Hey,' Ginny spoke all of a sudden to me. My eyes looked up to meet hers. She stood right in front of me with her hand hanging in front of me in the open air. My eyes wandered off to a certain pair of green ones who looked at me with hope. Knowing that it would mean a lot to the boy standing behind the red-haired girl I decided to put my own prejudices aside.

My hand slowly grabbed hers, something that caused a smile to appear on Harry's lips.

'Hello,' I said with a soft, unsteady voice. 'How are you?'

Ginny smiled kindly at me after taking place next to me. Every bone in my body hoped that she would not recognize her boyfriend's scent. I did not want her to find out that I had slept in his bed.

'I am fine,' she said. 'My mother is annoying me, she really does not want me to join a national Quidditch team. She claims I will not earn enough money to support myself, but I claim differently.'

'You want to become a professional Quidditch player?' I asked, suddenly genuinely interested in her words. 'I would love nothing more than to become just that,' she spoke, 'but that is just a little girls dream I suppose.'

'I think you should go for it,' I said without reconsidering my words. 'You are only young once, you should not waste those precious years by waiting for an opportunity to do something that will never come.'

'So it is true?' Hermione asked, while she placed herself on the other side of me. 'You really have changed?'

I suddenly felt very anxious again, not knowing what Harry had told them about me made me feel very nervous. 'Yeah,' I said, trying to cover up my hand that was still wrapped up in a bandage. 'I suppose I have, or at least I am trying.'

'A little too late,' Ron hissed underneath his breath, but we all heard him. 'Ronald, it is enough. You have judged him the entire day while you do not even know anything about him,' Harry suddenly called out. Him talking like that to his best friend to defend me made me feel a whole new emotion as well, one that was way better.

A deep sign escaped Ron's lips, but before he could say anything else Dr. Dolan stopped him. 'Visiting time is over,' she said. The small women had probably been waiting for things to go wrong so she could intervene. 'Say your goodbyes, please. You really should go again.'

Watching how everyone, except Ron, hugged Harry made me feel a little jealous, even though I had no reason to feel that way.

'Goodbye Harry,' Ginny whispered softly, kissing his cheeks. 'I love you.'

'And I love you,' he mumbled in her neck. His head was placed the same way it had laid the time we had hugged.

I immediately stopped my thoughts and focused me again on the people in front of me.

'It was nice to see you again, Draco,' Hermione said giving me a genuine smile. 'Will you take care of him now we cannot do that?'

'I will,' was the answer I gave without even thinking. 'I promise.'

'I am glad to hear that,' she said before the three of them left our room and disappeared with Dr. Dolan. Now that I was alone again with Harry I felt this weird, but nice, feeling again. It was a mix between embarrassment and something else. Something I did not know.

'So,' Harry started with that same, beautiful smirk lying on his lips. 'Did you sleep well?'

For the umpteenth time that day I felt my cheeks get hot by doing of the boy with the raven-hair coloured hair.