039

Everything is falling down

We're suffering, helpless thoughts and

Out we sing, prayers go to the sky - 5SOS; Gotta Get Out

***

Saturday came a little too fast for my liking. I knew that it was undeniable and that eventually I would have to face my mother again, but that did not mean that I was ready for it. After a week full of therapy sessions in which I constantly talked about her lie and what it had done to me I felt a little better. Harry had helped me incredibly well this week as well, he was with me almost ever minute of the day to make sure that I was okay. The raven-haired boy had pushed his bed against mine so that we could have one big bed for the two of us. It did not really matter though, since we always were lying together in one of our beds, as closely together as we could.

'I saw your mother arriving a few minutes ago,' a voice distracted me from my own thoughts. Cecilia was standing in front of me with a worried look in her eyes. 'Do you think that you are ready to face her?'

'No,' I said, closing my eyes as I felt how my body tensed up, something that happened more often when I was nervous. 'But I know that I have to face her and if I do not do it right now I never will.'

'You are very brave,' she said before pulling me in a unexpected hug. Her warm and strong but yet soft arms reminded me of my mother's arms. I thankfully wrapped my arms a little awkwardly around her shoulder, but I still felt the love and support she was trying to give me. 'Thank you,' I slowly said, a hug was something I genuinely needed. Especially at that moment.

'You are very welcome my boy,' the older women spoke, softly stroking through my hair before breaking our hug carefully. 'If you ever feel like you cannot handle it anymore, just remember that I will be there as well. When you think that you have had enough please let me know, then I will get you out of there immediately.'

I thanked her again, questioning myself how I ever got to be this lucky. There were people that actually cared about me, that wanted me to be fine. People like Cecilia, Lucia and especially Harry made the world a better place. Of course, this world was still filled with thousands of people who only could think about themselves. But those who did not made it better by just being themselves. They made me feel like there might was something to live for.

'Then I will go to see her,' I said, taking a deep breath. 'You can do it, my boy,' she said before winking at me and leaving the room. I slowly followed her until we stood in front of the door that led me to her; to my beloved mother that had lied to me. I knew that forgiveness was not easy, but neither was a never ending anger towards someone. I really did not want to be one of those people who would be angry at someone for the rest of their lives, simply because of one lie or mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, that is just the way things are. No matter how hard you try not to; there will always be something that you mess up.

My eyes found Cecilia's eyes one last time before I took a deep breath and entered the room. Everybody looked up as I slowly entered to room. Ginny, her brother, their mother and Hermione were all sitting at Harry's table, but as soon as I came in he only seemed to have eyes for me. His beautiful green eyes winked at me, causing me to feel a little more confident.

'Draco,' my mother said with some sort of desperation lying in her voice. 'My boy, please come here,' she said as she pulled me into a hug. Firstly, I felt the urge to push her away, but knowing that I would regret that I hugged her back. 'I missed you, my beautiful son, I really did,' my mother whispered and by the way she spoke I could tell that tears were escaping her eyes. We broke apart and sat down, knowing that now our conversation would begin made me feel nervous.