033

From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate - Socrates

***

Hot steam filled the room and made it foggy. Warm water was touching my body at every place it was allowed to reach. My muscles finally had the change to relax and to set the stress that I had been building up inside of me free.

Showering was something I had hated while growing up. Especially since my mother had to bathe me until I reached a certain age. Being naked in front of her and allowing her to touch me had made me feel so vulnerable and very naked indeed. A part of me always told me that she was my mother, and that bathing me simply was a part of the job she was being hired for from the moment I was born until the day either of us would die. But another part of me still fell this awkwardness when she would make sure I was really clean.

Maybe I would have felt different if my father would have done it, since he was male just like me. But he never had time, he never wanted to so I stopped asking him after a few times.

Because that is the thing with human beings; they want to put effort in any kind of relationship, but once they realise that the other person does not do that they stop caring. Or they continue caring, only not out loud.

A soft creak filled my ears. The door had been opened. As I assumed that it was a certain raven-haired boy that had entered the room I only turned around but did not look up. After having to shower in the same room as the Boy Who Had Lived I stopped caring that much. It was a silent agreement between the two of us not to make the other feel uncomfortable, so we had agreed to both close our eyes while showering.

I might or might not peak through my eyelashes every now and then, but of course he did not need to no about that.

Footsteps were coming my way and I heard the shower next to me being turned on. Water fell on the ground.

'I had not expected to see you here too, to be honest,' a voice spoke and my eyes flew open as soon as I realised that this was not Harry's sweet voice. No, the voice belonged to the other boy that stayed in this clinic; Zion. He was standing underneath the shower that faced mine, making me feel incredibly awkward and vulnerable. I did not know what to say as I felt my cheeks turning hot, but this time from embarrassment. Normally when I took a shower with Harry Zion did not dare to enter the room. What made him decide that he could do it now was something I had no clue about.

'But since you are here, I suggest that we get to know each other a little better. Or do you not want that?'

No, I certainly did not. The red-haired boy had been scaring me ever since he arrived with his big brown eyes that always seemed to be following me. It did not matter what I was doing, his eyes would see it all. And now he had seen me naked, so I basically had nothing to hide anymore from him.

'What do you want to know?' I asked, a little harsher then expected. My words seemed to catch the other boy off his guard for a moment, but that was just a moment. Self-confidence was certainly something that he had in abundance.

'I do not know,' he spoke, raising his shoulders. I had figured that if I would continue looking him in his eyes he would do the same with me, causing him to not look down at all. His presence made me extremely nervous, it made my heart beat faster and faster in fear.

'I would like to know what is going on between you and that other boy,' he said, looking as if he tried to remember his name. 'Harry, was it not? Harry Potter.'

The way he said the boy that I liked name's made me shiver in a uncomfortable way. I hated it, to say at least. He made it sound like it was some sort of swear word, while in my thoughts it was everything but that.

'You two seem to be very close,' the boy with the brown eyes continued. 'Closer then normal friends do.'

'What do you want, Zion?' I asked on the same hard tone. I was done with him playing games with me, at that moment all I wanted was for him to shut up and never lay his eyes on me again. 'Relax, dude,' he said, raising his hands to show me that he did not mean any harm, even though we both knew he wanted to irritate me. I could know since I had been a bully for several years, all the tactics he was using I had used way before he had a change to. 'I am just interested, that is all.'

'Then I hate to put you out of that dream, but do not be interested in me. Even better, leave me the fuck alone, it would even be better if you stopped looking at me or talking to me. You annoy me.'

A chuckle left his lips, making me scared and annoyed at the same time. The boy that stood in front of me really wanted to see the worst part of me, a part that I honestly hated.

'You know,' he said, 'I think that is it pretty obviously that you are madly in love with him.'

For a moment he really caught me off my guard, he surprised me. All of a sudden I felt more naked then I actually was, something that was weird since all my clothes were lying on the ground next to the showers. If he, a guy that never had spoken to me before knew how I felt about the raven-haired boy, then the change that he knew was even bigger. What if he really was playing with my feelings? But then again, what if Zion was the one being stupid enough to play with my feelings.

'I do not know where you are talking about,' I just said, trying to sound as confidence and convincing as I possible could, but I failed anyway. 'Oh?' he asked me, raising his eyebrows. 'So you do not like him at all?'

He stepped from underneath the shower, slowly walking towards me. I immediately felt my heart starting to beat even faster, yet my body could not move. His feet stopped with walking the moment that he was standing as close to me as he could without actually touching me.

'So you would not mind if I, lets just say, would hurt him? Or if I would make sure that he disappears?'

It felt like his words were chocking me, it felt like they were punching me in my face harshly. I felt my knees getting shaky but did not want to give in to my anxiety. I was the strong one, the one that threatened others. Not him.

'Is that a treat?' I asked with a stone cold voice, doing a pretty good job in sounding as dangerous as I possibly could. There was no way I would ever let him even lay his hands on Harry.

'I never said that,' he reacted, bringing his lips closely to my ear. 'I just do not like faggots like the two of you. So, in order to not have to see you anymore it is logical that I eliminate the weakest out of you.'

Before I knew it I had pushed him to the walls against him. Every fiber in my body told me to hurt him; badly. But I knew that that would not be a smart move. Firstly because I would have to go to the isolation room again, and secondly because I knew that this was what he wanted. He wanted to make me nervous, to make me sweat. Honestly, he was doing a good job because I really was nervous and sweating.

'If you ever talk about Harry like that again I will make sure that you will never be able to walk again, do you understand me?' I asked harshly, hissing into his ear. 'Do you understand me?' I asked again since he had not given me an answer.

His eyes were not filled with fear the way I wanted them to be, he just looked satisfied to me.

'Not really faggot.'

Maybe, just maybe that was the moment my fist did hit his jaw.