Chapter Nineteen

*Kevin's POV*

I woke up today with the sound of my phone ringing at 5 AM. I groaned and took my phone as my other free hand rubbed my eyes. My eyes went wide seeing the screen. Alice's mom? Why the heck she calls me? I pressed the 'answer' button.

"Hello? Ma'am?"

"K-Ke-vin? I-it-i-it's me," her voice cracked.

"What's wrong?" I asked with the voice full of concern as I sat down.

"It-it's Alice... Sh-she.."

"I'm on my way," I hung up the call and grabbed my jacket also my key, going to Alice's place.

Not long after that, I arrived at her house. I knocked on the door and her mom opened it. She looked so scared, so I had a thought to calm her down first.

"Wh-" suddenly, I heard something broken upstairs. Alice, I said it to myself as I ran up to her room. When I opened the door, I saw Alice curling on the bed crying, and the room, the room was messed up. REALLY messed up. What's wrong with her? I mean she was fine last night.

I didn't want to bother her but it would be worse if I ignored her. I didn't know how to start the talk, so I decided to clear my throat. "Ahem. Alice?" she didn't move. Well, I will just have to enter and talk to her, I said to myself and I took a deep breath.

I entered her room and sat next to her, still curling on the bed. I placed my hand on her back and rubbed it up and down. Then I saw a photo album in front of us. I opened the page one by one and I realized, it was a photo album of her and her ex. Guess she's still not over it, I sighed in defeat.

Suddenly, Alice rolled over. I could still hear her sniffling. "K-Kevin?"

I put the photo album back and gave her a smile. "Hey, your mom called me to get my butt over here. Do you need anything?" she shook her head and she moved her head to my lap.

"Just stay with me today," said her mumbling.

"Alright, everything for you," I chuckled.

It's better if I didn't talk about them right now.

*Alice's POV*

I finally could feel Kevin's arms around me again.

This morning was unexpected. I woke up at 3 AM with a headache which couldn't make me sleep again. So, I tried to make a distraction. I saw some stacks of books in corner of my room. I thought maybe I could find a book to read, but when I checked the stacks, I found a photo album. Not a photo album filled with a fetus me but it filled with me and Luke.

I opened the pages, one by one. I saw a picture when we sat at the park, holding hands. Also, when we sat in the couch at my place together. All of them were so cute, until a memory that I didn't want to remember, came again. That accident. Luke covered my blood and all those screaming. It made me dizzy and hurting. So, I curled up myself and screamed until Kevin finally came.

"Kevin?"

"Hmm?" he replied as he ran his tip fingers on my shoulder up and down.

"Do you think the others will freak out if you told them that I couldn't hang out with them today?" I asked him.

"Well, do you want me to try it?"

"Umm.... N-" and I heard his phone ringing. I sat down and he stood up, reaching his phone which was on his pocket.

"You're lucky. It's Avi," he answered the call and he put his phone on his ear. "Wait," he mouthed me as he exited my room and I nod.

I could hear the talk right outside of my room so I walked to my door and put my ears on the door.

"Dude, we can't. Well, I can't. I'm not ready yet!" he half whispered. Maybe he doesn't want me to hear it.

"No. No. It's not like that. She was crying over Luke. She's still not over with it."

Luke? Is he talking about me? What does he mean by 'not over with it'?

"Yeah. Yeah. Alright. Okay. Got it. See you soon, bro," he finished talking so I ran back to my bed and sat.

Not long after that, he opened the door and came in.

"Avi asked us if you wanted to eat ice cream this afternoon, maybe after that we could drive around the town with them," he said as he sat beside me.

"Well, ice cream always working for me. So, why not?" I smiled to him.

"Yes!!!! I'll text him right now!" he pulled out his phone again and started to text Avi.

"Kevin?"

"Yes?" he lifted his face to me and smiled. I really wanted to ask him about the call, but he would flip if I asked it.

"Never mind," I smiled to him.

"Well, I think I need to leave right now."

"Why?" I asked.

"I need to take a shower, you silly," he chuckled. "And you too, Alice."

He leaned closer to me and kissed me forehead. "See you later, yes?" I nod as he left my room.

========================

A/N: Sorry, it's just a filler. But anyway, happy 4th of July for my American fellas out there! Party hard, aight? Hahaha