Come Back Safe

Y/N followed Pidge who waved to her. She soon found herself in one of the Altean suits, the orange highlights shining bright. "Orange huh?" Pidge smirked. "I like it."

Pidge and Y/N came out of the changing area at the same time as the boys, stopping in the middle of the hall. For a moment, everyone seemed to stare at Y/N, each for a different reason. Lance couldn't believe she was finally part of the team. Hunk was glad Pidge finally had someone that maybe she could relate to a little more. Shiro was proud to see her looking so strong and brave despite all she'd been through. Keith, well, had no clue how he felt. And Matt, he also wasn't entirely sure as to how he was feeling. But was thing was for certain, and that was he was going to force himself to get to know her better. Maybe even tonight, after this mission, he'd pull her aside and talk. 

It was strange for everyone having someone new on the team, but it certainly wasn't a bad thing.

"Y/N's with me." Keith spoke up quickly, shifting his weight awkwardly.

"What?! No!" Lance complained. "She's with me!"

"How about I just take one of your lions and you two can go together?" Y/N looked between the boys with a mischievous smile. 

"Okay--" Keith began but was cut off by Lance.

"What? No!" Lance spluttered. "I'm not--I am not sharing with Keith!"

"Right! No!" Keith agreed awkwardly quickly backtracking on what he'd first said.

"Laaance!" Shiro warned. "She and can go with Matt and Pidge, we could use the extra pair of eyes in the green lion."

There was no negotiating with Shiro. Matt and Pidge were both ecstatic to have her on their team. Plus, the amount of tech they had tossed inside of the green lion was becoming overwhelming for just two people to operate. A third was exactly what they needed.

"Alright?" He looked to the pouty faced boys. "Now lets go!" He said strongly, marching off towards the hangars.

Before she knew it, Y/N was in the green lion once again with Matt and Pidge, racing straight for the small planet that was being destroyed. "It's horrible to watch." Y/N muttered, clinging onto the back of Pidge's chair.

"Yeah." Matt sighed, carefully sweeping through the sky. The group located the survivors and the sentries before flying back up into the atmosphere to meet the rest of their friends.

"Y/N, I need you to promise me something." Matt said suddenly, pulling Y/N down into the chair beside him, causing Y/N to mumble a yes in response, not really paying attention.

He wait for her to finally pay attention to him. "No risks." He said.

"What do you mean?" She questioned with a raised brow. She very well knew what he meant, but wasn't sure if she could promise something like that.

"No sacrificing yourself like you used to. We're a team here and won't use you to do our dirty work. Got that?"

Y/N nodded her head. She could say she wouldn't take any risks, but what happened when her adrenaline took over? An adrenaline that was used to train her to take risks in order to protect others.

"What do you have for for us, guys?" Shiro asked over the comms. 

"All of the survivors are gathered in the same location, five sentry bases all around. We can take them out easy, but someone is going to need to go in to get the survivors out." Pidge said grimly.

"I can try to hack it." Matt started scrambling with his keys.

"Can't be hacked. Just like Y/N's planet, they've used the vegetation to make a prison. We need to blast it." Pidge muttered.