Touche

Matt woke to the body beside him shuffling around. Dawn had just broken, yet when he turned his head to look at the commotion, Pidge and Y/N were wide awake. Pidge seemed frantic and Y/N looked slightly confused and concerned.

"Pidge, that's a highly volatile planet. It's dangerous to go there on such short notice." Y/N warned.

"Coran needs the scaultrite immediately though, otherwise the teludav won't work. And right now, we don't know when we'll really need it." Pidge pleaded.

"Where are you going?" Lance sat up, rubbing his eyes in confusion.

Pidge and Y/N snapped their heads to look over at the sleepy boy. "To find scaultrite. If we don't get it, we're in serious trouble."

"Y/N is right, Pidge. That planet is nearly uninhabitable, no one goes there." Keith interrupted.

"Which makes it the perfect place to find this stuff!" She snapped, slamming her laptop closed. The small girl stood and began stomping towards the door, not even a half-woken Matt could hold her back.

"I'll go with you." Y/N sounded bravely. "I'll go with her and make sure nothing happens. I'll keep you guys updated and we'll be back before you know it." She looked between Lance, Matt, and Keith, hoping for their agreement. But they were hesitant.

"Y/N you're still hurt." Keith grumbled, very obviously staring at her still bruised leg.

"Yeah, but we could all be dead if we don't find this stuff." Y/N responded. "Everything will be fine. Cover for us while we're gone. We'll be back before you know it."

The boys didn't like that idea one bit. They also knew it wouldn't work. Though the teludav was in desperate need of the materials, Shiro and Allura wouldn't let them go the mission alone. Plus, they weren't dumb, and their excuse of Y/N and pidge flying across the universe to get breakfast didn't fly.

"I'll come too." Matt sat up, his voice still raspy from sleep. He stood a little too close to Y/N, towering over her and then looking to Pidge.

"Alright, then lets go." Y/N shrugged, grabbing Matt's arm and hauling his sleepy body away. Her touch shot a jolt of electricity through his body, immediately waking him up. Once inside of the green lion, Y/N sat down beside Matt, taking in a deep breath.

"Shiro's going to kill me. Especially after yesterday." She grumbled.

"Yeah, he'll want to kill me too for going with you guys." Matt laughed. "But, if it saves us in the long run, it'll be worth it. Better this than ending up back in Zarkon's ship." He smiled weakly.

Within an hour of leaving, Shiro and the Princess were already on the comms.

"What do you three think you're doing?!" Shiro shouted through his groggy, irritated morning voice.

Pidge sighed. Lance and Keith had obviously already failed their mission seeing as how shiro was already bellowing this early in the morning. "Look, Shiro, we know where to find the scaultrite. We're going to collect some and then come right back—"

"Alright, alright," Shiro grumbled. "I'm not going to stop you."

Matt and Y/N shared a quick smile and high five. At least Shiro wasn't going to kill them.

"And Y/N?" Shiro called out. "Come back in once piece."

"Yep." She laughed a little. That's what Shiro used to always say to her, because no matter where she went or what she did, she always came back more hurt than the last time he saw her.

Since the planet itself was more dangerous than anything else possibly on it's surface, Y/N and Matt sat locked up in the green lion while Pidge ventured off underground somewhere, only hopefully to come back. They kept their eyes glued to the screens before them, constantly scanning for any changes in the already violent weather. After a while, Matt shooed Y/N off to let her have a break. So, she sat and stared out the front windows of the lion for nearly an hour. Either things were going well, or Pidge had gotten herself into trouble. The volatile planet was beginning to show signs of allowing its weather to take a dangerous turn, and Y/N did not like the look of the dark purple clouds on the horizon, the lion rumbling from the thunder reverberating in the distance.