Anarchy

"Maaaaaatt?" A familiar, deep voice called, soon followed by many others. He recognized it as Hunks at first, and then Shiro's, then Pidge's, Keith's, Allura's, Coran's... The brown haired boy knew he could get up and tell them where he was... but she was so warm. Her chest still rose and fell evenly with each breath, the look on her face complete and utter peace. She looked content, and he really didn't want to wake her.

    As his crew-mates got closer, Matt nestled his head back down onto Y/N's and closed his eyes softly.

    "Guys, shh—" Pidge said, waving her arms in the air to shush everyone. They all approached quietly and suspiciously. But the moment they came around, everyone seemed to squeal and clamp hands over their mouths to avoid screaming. Pidge was squirming in amusement, scrambling for a camera and Shiro stood placidly, unsure of what to think.

    Though he tried, Matt couldn't keep his eyes shut. He pretended to open them as if he'd just woken up, blinking a few times in confusion.

    "Hi guys." He said sheepishly, his voice groggy from just waking.

    "I have two questions," Pidge began. "One, why the hell are you two here? Two, does this mean her memories are back?!"

    "Pidge! Language!" Shiro grumbled. "But, I have the same questions."

    "Okookok—" Matt fumbled with his words. "Long story short, we were on the training deck late last night. Before we went to sleep, the power on the ship went out. Including the internal temperature thing—"

    "Stabilizer," Pidge corrected.

    Matt rolled his eyes, mocking Pidge's voice. "Stabilizer... and so we came back here to fix it. Her computer wasn't working so she had to use mine. We almost froze to death in the process and then, well—fell asleep."

    "And yeah, her memories came back. It just took a while."

    The boy tried to talk quietly and avoid moving. Chances were, she was awake but too shy to open her eyes in front of everyone.

    "Y/N!!?" Lance screamed, completely defeating Matt's attempt to stay quiet. "You remember my face right?! I mean it's kind of hard to forget..." He flaunted and Y/N woke up, smiling.

    "Unfortunately, yeah, I do remember your face." She laughed lightly.

    "Remember all of us?" Shiro stepped forwards and knelt down by his sister.

    "All of you." She smiled. Instantly, Shiro's arms wrapped around Y/N and pulled her from Matt's grasp. The warmth which Matt revelled in dissipated and he pleaded for Shiro to set her back down, but the black paladin refused.

    "C'mon guys, breakfast!" Shiro hollered out, motioning for everyone to follow him. They did so happily, but Pidge hung back.

    "Don't you—" Matt began, warning his sister from saying some taunting thing she'd regret. But, instead of speaking, she held up a small screen and tried to hold back an explosion of smiles and laughter. When Matt's eyes focused, he saw it was a photo of him and Y/N.

    "Pidge..." Matt slowly got up and held out his hand towards her as a warning. To his dismay, she powered the device down and locked it. "Give me that..."

    "Nah. I'll keep it for now." She laughed mischievously and rocked back and forth on her heels. Knowing Matt, if he got the device, he'd delete the photo so Pidge couldn't use it to taunt him. Not before he'd send it to his own device, though.

    "YOU'D BETTER RUN PIDGE!" Matt growled, chasing Pidge off towards the kitchen violently.

    Crashing into the kitchen, Pidge took refuge behind Hunk and continued laughing manically. Unfortunately, Matt knew he had to refrain from tackling his little sister on the dining table because Shiro wouldn't take that too well.