~FIFTEEN~

Last night was wrong.

I let my emotions get the best of me and I wasn't myself.

Thankfully I didn't have sex with Ethan, but we did end up watching a movie and cuddling all night, mostly just talking through the movie.

I loved how comfortable I felt around him, like I knew I could wear trackies and a sweatshirt around him and he would still call me beautiful. It was amazing to be treated this way.

This morning I did decide to go into work because I had gotten over the whole Grayson thing and I was feeling good.
So I slipped out of bed where Ethan was laying barely covered by the sheets, and I stepped into the hot steamy shower.

In the shower is normally where I contemplate and use that time by myself to think. I still don't know what to say to Grayson.
Would it be awkward?

When I stepped out of the shower the cold greeted my so I quickly threw on a towel and patted myself dry putting on a black bra with matching laced underwear.

I peaked my head out of the bathroom door to see Ethan no longer in my bed.

I walked down the stairs to the sound of so many pots and pans being clanged about and making such a racket.

At this point my body was being covered my a silk kimono, but I wasn't bothered I was too busy smiling at an unaware Ethan.

"What are you doing handsome?" I asked with a cheeky smile, propping myself up on my kitchen counter.

He turned around and motioned for me to get on his back, so I did and he took me to my dinner table where soon later he placed a stack of freshly made pancakes topped with maple syrup, and a little cute bowl of melon next to it.

It was perfect.

"You didn't have to do all of this" I smiled.

He came over to me and kissed the top of my head, "I just want to treat you the way anyone should. The way you deserve."

I finished up my delicious breakfast and headed back upstairs to get dressed. I picked a casual yet cute skirt with a very beautiful blouse and headed out the door.

When I arrived in the office doors, nothing much had changed but everyone looked at me as if I had died and come back to life or something.

People began to whisper in one another's ear and pointing fingers towards me, but for some reason it didn't bother me.

I wasn't sat down at my desk for too long until my beeper buzzed letting my know that grayson wanted to see me:
"Maddie, please come into my office immediately"

His voice sounded very husky and as if he hadn't been sleeping.

As soon as I walked into his clean office I saw him facing outwards from his glass walls into the distance.

"Sit" he spoke quietly

I edged closer to the chair and slowly lowered into it making sure my back was straight and my legs were crossed.

"Maddie, I'm....im sorry" he spoke again. This time he turned around revealing his tired eyes and slightly weak face.

"Grayson what happened?" I asked in shock.

"I couldn't sleep Maddie, not without knowing you were okay" he said, tying to avoid my eyes at any cost.

I stood up and grabbed his face in both hands, "oh Grayson"

"Baby" he whispered while going to kiss me, but I dodged it and he ended up kissing my cheek.

The room was silent.

That was until three large men stormed into the room with guns and dragged me away from Grayson.

All I heard was screams.

"Graysonnnn" my tears wept.

Suddenly I heard nothing. Saw nothing. But felt a huge amount of pain.