9. josh pieters

josh doing 60 hours no sleep

i woke up to the sound of an alarm at 9am, and i groaned when josh got up and immediately grabbed his camera and began filming.

snuggling further under the covers, i mumbled my discontent with being woken up, and i heard josh chuckle, and he pulled the duvet down a bit to film me.

i whined, keeping my eyes squeezed shut, and i pulled the covers back up, after mumbling "fuck off, you're doing this challenge on your own." causing him to laugh again, and leave me alone as he continued to film.

i woke up again just before 11am, and i walked downstairs, seeing josh sat on the sofa watching the tv, and i went and sat next to him.

slipping my arms around his waist, i mumbled, "sorry for telling you to fuck off, i love you." and cuddled into his side, him putting one of his arms around my shoulders.

he chuckled, "it's alright." and pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

...

at about 1.30am, josh was watching a horror film to keep him awake, having been filming with the boys all afternoon, and i lay with my head on his lap.

he paused the movie so he could film, and he talked for a few minutes, before saying, "y/n, i'm going to give you a little q&a."

"alright." i chuckled.

"what're your favourite things about me?" he asked.

"your accent, your cuddles and your sense of humour." i said and he 'aww'ed.

"thank you." he grinned, "what's your favourite series?"

"big little lies." i answered and he nodded.

"that's a good one." he said and i laughed at him, before he asked me a few more questions.

...

i went upstairs to sleep, and josh stayed up, drinking energy drinks, and went over to caspar's to wake him up and do some filming with him, despite it being just after 3am.

...

"babe, wake up." i heard josh say, and i lifted my hand to cover up a yawn that escaped my lips, as i sat up, and i noticed he was filming me.

"how was you sleep?" i asked him, a smirk on my lips, "oh wait, you didn't sleep. and you're not going to tonight either." i laughed and he sighed, giving me a dirty look, "it's been 24 hours so far?"

"yep it has been 24 hours. now shut up and get ready, we're going to thorpe park." he said and i laughed, getting out of bed and walking into the bathroom, josh following me a minute later and joining me in the shower.

...

when we got back from thorpe park, josh was pretty moody and tired, having been awake for nearly 36 hours, so i ordered pizza for us both, and we sat and talked for about an hour, until we got ready to go out.

josh and i left the house at about 11pm and went to a club, and met caspar, jack, joe and conor there, as well as some other people the boys knew who happened to already be there.

...

we all stayed out until about 4am, at which time the boys decided they should go home and get some sleep, and josh and i got an uber to mcdonald's.

"fuck this, i'm so tired." josh groaned.

i picked up his camera, "hey, guys. it's currently 4.55am, so josh has been up pretty much 44 hours, and we're in mcdonald's." i laughed, "and i'm going to go home in a minute and sleep, but josh isn't." i said and he groaned again, putting his head in his hands.

"shut up." he mumbled.

"actually, i think i should win the 'best girlfriend' award, as i've stayed awake with you for over 20 hours, until 5am currently, and i'll stay up for a bit longer now as well." i said, "and yesterday i got up at 9, but then went back to sleep, then woke up later and stayed up with you for 16 hours, until 3am, even though i didn't have to." i said and he smiled at me gratefully, "so out of your 60 hours, i'll have only been asleep for 11 hours."

the two of us got home about 5.30am and i went straight to sleep, while josh filmed and watched a movie.

...

josh woke me up at exactly 9am, by shouting "i've only got 12 hours left!" and i yawned, a smile on my lips.

"congrats, babe." i said and he knelt down to kiss me.

...

josh and i went to caspar's at 8.30pm, and jack and joe both came over, the 5 of us celebrating when it got to 9pm, as josh had successfully been awake for 60 hours, and he ran down the stairs to our apartment, me close behind him, and he just undressed down to his boxers, before jumping into bed, and i joined him a minute later, just in one of his shirts.

"goodnight, babe, i love you." i mumbled.

"i love you too." he pulled my front to his and cuddled me, him falling asleep almost immediately, and i fell asleep soon after.