Band Practice

The movie ended and the tears were still rolling down my face. “That get’s me every time.” I muttered, wiping the tears from my cheek.

“We were watching The Lion King.” Luke laughed.

“It’s a rollercoaster of feels! They should change it to The Feels King or something.” I said as I put the movie away.

“The Feel King…” Luke repeated. “It doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.” He laughed as I threw a pillow at him.

“C’mon, I promise Cal and Ash that we could rehearse again.” He grabbed my wrist and walked me to the door.

“Wait, I’m only wearing my track pants and a hoodie.” I protested.

“They’re your school Gym pants, so technically you’re just wearing the sports uniform. They’ve seen you wear that before.” Luke retorted, smiling at his victory.

“Fine.” I sighed.

                                                           *    *    *    *

Cal, Ash and Luke were all very talented. They were all excellent singers (Especially Luke) and they could all play guitar. But Ashton’s talent was drums. He was so good; I’m surprised they haven’t tried to make it Big yet. Calum was also amazing on both vocals and the bass. But Luke, he was the best singer in the band and he was awesome on the guitar.

Together, they sound like a band of angels who were trying to be punk rock. That pretty much sums up their music.

“I wrote a song!” Calum announced to all of us after they played Heartbreak Girl.

“Who’s the girl?” I asked before the boys could say anything.

“Why does there always have to be a girl?” Calum replied.

“Because there is! I know you, and plus you need inspiration to write a song. Who’s the girl?” I asked again as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Fine.” Calum held his hands up, as if surrendering, “her name is Lydia.”

“ohh, Lydia from our music class?” Ashton asked with a massive grin on his face.

“That’s the one!” Calum replied.

“But she’s one of the popular bitches.” I protested.

“Hey language!” Ashton yelled.

“She might be, but she is still a lovely person.” Calum smiled and handed the boys some paper.

“That’s the song! Can we play it now?” Calum begged, he did his signature pout face.

“Sure. But I don’t know how you wrote a song with the melody and all in just a few days.” Luke replied, scanning the sheet.

“Like Kali said, I was inspired.” Calum smiled.

The starting riff was very catchy.  In fact, the entire song was catchy.

“She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard

'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel,

Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard,

'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down

That she makes me think, makes me think,

That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again

                  'Cause I'm trying too hard again!” Luke sung in his angelic voice.

At the end I stood up and clapped. “Very nice! Probably one of your best! Seriously guys, book a gig!” I said over my clapping.

“Nah, we still need a lead guitarist…” Ashton trailed off.

“What, I’m not good enough?” Luke joked.

I wonder if Michael played guitar… though even if he could he lives with my Nan in Wollongong. That’s too far. Dammit.

                                                          *    *    *    *

It was 2am and my eyes were getting heavy. I sat at my desk, trying to write my letter to Michael. My previous letters kept smudging (Being left handed sucks…). So I’ve changed my pen to one that doesn’t smudge as easy and I tried to write as neat as I can.

Dear Michael,

Wow! Looks like we can be friends, your taste in music is amazing!

Since you introduced yourself to me, it is only right if I introduce myself to you. MY name is Kalila Walsh; I am 17 years of age, and currently in Year 12. I like pizza and popcorn. And that pretty much sums me up too… I am pretty boring J.

Your newer friend,

Kalila.

PS: Just out of curiosity, do you happen to play the guitar?

*    *   *    *

That morning I got Luke to drive me to the post office before school so I could mail my letter.

“Why do you send him so many letters?” Luke asked when I got into the car.

“I don’t know. I guess because he is now my friend, it wouldn’t be fair to just stop mailing letters to him.

“I just don’t like the idea of you sending a stranger letters…” Luke muttered as he drove us to school.

A/N

This was a little rushed but oh well. Go easy on me! this is my first Fanfic :)

Comment and Vote :) xx