Eggs are Sluts

|Kalila’a POV|

“That bastard!” Michael yelled. I told him the story of what happened. It took me the car ride home plus 15 more minutes in the living room to calm myself down. Right now we were lying on my bed, I was still sniffling but I wasn’t having a full mental break down like before.

“Normally we have small fights and ignore each other for a few days, but I don’t know. This time is different, I think we have broken up.” I sniffed.

“Look, he lied to you. He turned his back to you. He smoked weed, we both know only losers do that.” Michael reassured.

He was right. Marijuana was my biggest pet peeve. When people brag about smoking it, or they just smoke it, it pisses me off. Do people need to brag about smoking drugs?

“I knew our relationship would fall. I was betting on it to crumble any day. All we do is go to band practice and have sex. We don’t really have actual conversations anymore.” I sighed.

“I know how you feel.” Michael huffed.

“You do?” I perked up from the pillow.

“Yeah. You didn’t just lose a boyfriend. You lost a best friend. Didn’t you say you’ve been best friends since you were, like, 6. I have lost a few best friends myself, it sucks. And after you date, things just aren’t the same. But if you still like him, as a friend, then try to be friends. Just don’t force it. I know that with him being your boyfriend you forced kissing and stuff onto each other. Hell, that’s probably why you have sex. Because you were bored and didn’t know what to do relationship wise.” Michael shrugged.

Who knew Michael was so good with these talks? But Michael really did make me feel better. He seemed so experienced in this area.

“Thanks, Michael.” I say before drifting off to sleep.

*    *    *    *

“Bugger me with a didgeridoo!” Michael cussed at the bacon. He jumped at the ceiling to turn off the smoke detector.

“It’s fine, its just a little over cooked.” I giggled, investigating the bacon.

“Over-cooked? It’s fucking charred!” Michael huffed, “This is meant to be a cheer up breakfast, not an insight to how shit I cook.”

“It’s fine, Mikey.” I giggle, “If it’s that bad, why don’t why go to that coffee place that we went to before?”

“Ok. But I’m paying.” Michael warned and collected his keys from the bench.

“Good, I’m broke anyway.” I teased.

“So, are you still in the band?” I asked Michael as the car started.

“Of course… well for now anyway.” Michael replied.

“I just don’t want Luke to kick you out because I broke up with him. He can be such a hot head.” I sighed.

“Well, here’s hoping I don’t get kicked out.” Michael laughed.

“They couldn’t, you’re way too talented.” I smiled.

“Cheers.” Michael winked.

*    *   *   *

“Oh my, God. Food-gasm.” Michael said as he ate his eggs benedict.

“It’s amazing. I want to marry it.” I agree.