Grudges

|Kalila’s POV|

By the time Holly had to leave, I was in a good mood. I had forgotten about Luke for most of the day. Every now and then I would remember him and I would want to burst into tears. No. I can’t give him that power, no matter how much I miss him. People deserve only so many tears, and I have wasted all of mine on Luke.

Michael had gone out somewhere, probably band practice. I didn’t want to talk to him, no matter how much he wanted to talk to me. He ruined my relationship with Luke. I knew we would have to talk sometime, but I was trying to put it off for as long as I could.

I moved from my bedroom to the living room once Holly left, and I was desperately hoping for Michael not to get home until late. That way I could have sometime to myself and not be tempted to talk to him.

 I knew I’d cave into Michael, he was so trustworthy and open and I couldn’t help to tell him all my problems and secrets. I could tell him anything and I hated it

|Ashton’s POV|

Band practice was tense. Luke would look at Michael in a jealous, poisonous way whenever Michael wasn’t looking. And Michael would look at Luke with pity and anger whenever Luke had his back turned.

Obviously they were angry at each other, but it was for different reasons. Luke was angry at Michael for ‘stealing Lil’, where as Michael was angry at Luke for ‘making Kali upset and ruining their friendship.’

Luke wanted Michael out of the band. It was obvious when he spoke or looked at Michael. He said it a billion times yesterday, but we couldn’t kick Michael out. Michael was talented and he was an awesome lad. We couldn’t let Luke get his way, he is too much of a hot head and his jealously clouds his judgement. We can’t kick someone as talented at Michael out of the band because of a stupid break up.

“Can we just let this go?” Michael said once we finished playing Outta my Limit.

“What?” Luke asked.

“Stop playing dumb. I get it. You broke up with Kali and now you’re hurting. But you’re the one who broke up with her. So stop being an ignorant prick and forget about it. Stop giving me death stares when you don’t think I’m looking.” Michael said nonchalantly.

I could see Luke’s fists clenched together, his jaw set. “You kissed my girlfriend! Of course I’m angry!” Luke yelled.

“She wasn’t your girlfriend, she broke up with you. And it’s not my fault; I got caught in the moment. But I don’t think you’re angry with me. I think you’re angry with her. She kissed me back and she liked it. Even you knew that.” Michael said a little triumphantly. I could see him trying to supress a smile.

He kissed her? She kissed him back? Luke didn’t tell us this. Luke didn’t say anything back to Michael; instead he stepped up to him and punched him in the face.

I stood up from my drumming stool. Michael didn’t fight back; he just stood his ground as Luke went to swing another punch. I ran over to Michael as Cal ran over to Luke to hold him back. I lead Michael out of the garage.

“Look, I’m sorry Ash-“ Michael started to apologize. I didn’t let him finish.

“It’s cool, it’s fine. You didn’t swing the punch. You were just trying to smooth out the problem. Sadly Luke can’t be smoothed out, not yet. Let him be ruffled. I say: just go home. Talk all of this out with Lil. Hopefully Luke will be in a better mood next week.” I tried to sound as soothing as I could.