Fiesta's Bring Us Together

Michael and I were sprawled together on my couch. I had calmed down a bit since my breakdown at the park an hour ago. Michael was fiddling with my hair as I flicked through my twitter feed.

“Why did you dye your hair?” I asked as I turned off my phone.

He shrugged. “I like to keep it different. When we first started talking it was a reverse skunk.”

“…Interesting.” I smiled.

“What about you?” he asked, inspecting my hair closely.

“When I was 13 I put blond streaks through my hair. It was terrible and they looked absolutely hideous. At the time I thought they looked good so I showed them off, but now I regret it.” I shuddered. Michael just laughed.

“Well your hair is lovely and long now. It’s a beautiful shade of brown.” Michael beamed.

“Thank you, Mr hairdresser.” I joked.

“Anytime, streaks.” Michael laughed. It wasn’t even that bad of a nickname and it was a terrible insult. But either way I smacked him playfully.

I felt better after telling Michael about my dad. I felt lighter, like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

“Why didn’t you tell Luke?” Michael asked after a while. I could tell he didn’t want to ask, but he was most likely curious. After all, Luke was my boyfriend.

“I would tell him but he tells Ash and Cal almost everything. I knew he’d tell the boys and then they’d feel bad for me and treat me differently. And Luke would be different and it’d all be a big mess of unwanted pity and sympathy…”

“So… Why’d you tell me?”

“I’m not sure… I guess I trust you and I thought you wouldn’t tell anyone.”

“We pinky swore! There is no way I’d ever tell anyone unless it was super urgent and life threatening.” Michael reassured me.

“Did you know what happened to people who broke pinky promises in the old days? They got their pinky cut off!”

Michael reached for his pinky and I laughed.

“Well, I like my pinky.  I wont be breaking our promise anytime soon!” Michael laughed.

*    *    *    *

|Kali’s POV|

I woke to a loud knocking at the front door. Michael was asleep beside me on the couch; I must have fallen asleep talking to Michael last night.

I rolled off the couch and answered the door. It was Luke. He was wearing a Misfits shirt with his classic black skinny jeans.

Dammit. I forgot all about the movies.

“You forgot didn’t you?” Luke’s face fell.

“I-I might’ve.” I scratched the back of my neck, my fingers running along the scar.

“It’s fine-“ Luke began.

“It’s not fine. I’m sorry I ditched you yesterday, and I’m sorry I almost did today. I’ll get ready now and you wait in the living room. We might miss our session but we can always get into the next session.” I spoke fast, but not fast enough that he couldn’t understand what I was saying.

Luke nodded in agreement and walking into the house, I padded up to my room to get ready.

I didn’t know what to wear. Luke was wearing his casual clothing. I put on black skinny jeans, a red flannel and boots. I straightened my hair, brushed my teeth, and put on light make-up. Luke hated it when I put on too much make-up and, to be honest, so did I.