Party?

2 weeks later and I have received 5 calls from Mum, 13 letters from Michael, 135 texts from Luke and I have attended 7 band rehearsals; yet I still felt alone.

Michael and I have been getting on so well, we have so much in common we are almost twins, yet he wasn’t actually here in person. Luke, was here, but he hasn’t been around much. He finally decided that they were going to make the 'hobby band' an actual band (lead guitarist or not.) He has had band practice almost everyday. I only attended a few a week because of study.

And Mum, Mum may call but she isn’t here. I can’t vent out my feelings to her everyday. It’s hard. I’ve been cooking and cleaning and studying all month, Hudson is no help. The only thing that keeps me grounded is Luke and my letters to Michael.

I cannot wait for Mum to get back. When she gets back, Michael and Nan would soon follow. I cannot wait to see him in person… and Nan.

*   *  *    *

I sat at my desk for another night of studying. My eyelids were drooping; my notes started to look like random scrawls. I wasn’t able to absorb any more knowledge, it may have been 10:30 but I was absolutely exhausted. Even though I didn’t have any exams until next term, I still studied. Mum always told me to keep ahead so I won’t fall behind.

I stared at my textbook, not taking in anything, until there was a knock at my door. It was 11pm, who the hell would knock on my door at 11pm? Maybe it was Luke? Or one of the boys?

I swung the door open and saw my brother standing there, a carton of beer in his hands. But it wasn’t just my brother standing there. There were another 20 odd people standing behind him, all with their fair share of alcohol.

“Hey, lil sis!” My brother waved.

“HOT GIRL!” A guy in the crowd screamed. Everyone cheered. Then  they all started to shuffle inside.

“I GOT IN!!” Hudson screamed. Everyone held up a can of beer and applauded.

I took Hudson by the ear and dragged him into the laundry.

“What the fuck, dude?” I asked angrily.

“I got into TAFE! I’m just celebrating.” He slurred.

“That’s great and all, but I don’t want to be left with the mess. I don’t want to explain this. I do not want strangers in my house!” I demanded.

“This isn’t your house, lil sis.” Hudson replied and sipped his drink.

“With Mum gone, whose house is it? Yours? Are you ever here for it to be yours? Where do you go Hudson? Why am I stuck to clean up your mess when you finally decide to show up?!”

“Look, Lil sis-“

“No! Don’t ‘lil sis’ me! You can come and go as you please! Just don’t show up here and take over! Don’t be a big dick, just like dad!” I yelled, waving my hands everywhere.

At the mention of dad, Hudson stopped. He looked as though he had been slapped. “Don’t you dare compare me to Dad. Ever. Fuck you!” He yelled and left the room. I stood there for a few minutes and stared at the tiles. The music started to play louder and louder until I finally snapped back into into reality.

 When I walked out of the laundry and into the living room I saw double the amount of people there then there was before. In fact, the entire house was full of half naked bodies. There was alcohol everywhere, bodies everywhere, the stench of alcohol and deodorant lingered absolutely everywhere you went. There was no escaping.