Chapter 7

"Just let the guys come over to you," Valentina sipped on her mojito with a smirk, "how long has it even been since you've hooked up with someone?"

"You say that as if I have."

"Wasn't there a guy after Josh?" she lifted her brows to which I shrugged.

The only other person I'd slept with was a stupid mistake and was made with the attempt to forget about my break up. It was with a guy that worked just a few floors below ours and yet it seemed a single date was reason enough to make room for him in a bed I once shared with someone else.

The sex was vanilla at best, leaving me wanting nothing more than to crawl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep. It wasn't even worth the pathetic version of a rebound I once had in my head.

I followed my unconvincing behaviours by finishing off the espresso martini in front of me and gazing out at the darkly lit room surrounding us.

We'd made our way to our third and final bar of the night, having had no luck at the previous two. I couldn't tell if I just wasn't feeling it or if there was something truly wrong with me. Did I so easily give off a 'mother with a child' vibe before a man would even dare to approach me?

My eyes scanned over the various men around the bar from the small booth we'd found towards the centre of the room. My ingenious ogling, however, soon came to a steering halt upon a recently familiar face, one I was still getting used to seeing every day.

"Sierra?" I attempted a whisper before realising that the music easily drowned my voice out, playing an old Beyoncé song over the speakers. I tapped her shoulder instead, to which she turned and lifted her brows.

I signalled over to the group of men standing at the bar by nodding my head, hoping she would spot him before I had to say it.

There had been little to no interaction between Nathan and I since our conversation in the elevator on his first day, but from my office window, I would watch him make the rounds of the office, getting to know each and every employee. His distinct, muscular shape would step past my office door every once in a while, giving me plenty eye candy to keep me satisfied for the rest of the day.

It took little to no time for Sierra to finally realise who I was indicating to, only to promptly realise that he was now making his way over to our table.

"Nathan." She spoke his name as if it were criminal to see your boss out at a bar. On the other hand, I would imagine it would be similar to seeing a teacher out and feeling ultimately out of place with their presence.

"Who's Nathan?" Valentina pressed as he finally stepped up to our table with a grin printed across his features.

He truly was a beautiful man to see.