Chapter 18

Savannah James

Savannah James

"I think this is most definitely against the rules by now—"

Any other words were silenced by Nathan's lips finding mine and his arms wrapping tightly around my waist. My knees were positioned either side of his legs, straddling him with my skirt riding dangerously high, exposing more of myself to him than usual.

He changed positions easily by caressing his fingers up from my knees, working their way slowly to my thighs at an agonising pace. Wetness coated my core, having been turned on the minute his touch met mine over fifteen minutes ago.

The room felt hot and heavy, something that I should have been stressing over more than I was.

The loud ringing of Nathan's office phone, however, managed to break apart our heavy breathing and messy kisses while I was in the process of laying several to his jaw and collar bone.

"You might want to answer that," I whispered close to his ear, all the while grinding close to a place we had been growing desperate to near over the past few days.

"They can wait."

The persistent ringing was a much needed turn off, given that it was still office hours, albeit coming rather close to the end of the working day. "Answer it," I whispered again and climbed up from his lap, managing to pull my skirt back down in the process.

He laid his head back onto the couch before standing up again. "I think it's probably time we start finding somewhere without any interruptions." He readjusted himself as I giggled like I was sneaking around again in high school.

"Your place, Saturday night?" I suggested, knowing that Riley was at a play date and sleepover with one of her new friends from school, giving me an easy night off.

"It's a date."

His words were followed by picking up his phone and bringing it to his ear. "Nathan Reece speaking." The voice on the other end of the line was muffled, yet I could easily tell it was Heidi from reception downstairs. The thought alone that she had direct access to his office phone was enough to cause my chest to tighten.

"Is it urgent? Can't it wait until tomorrow?" His eyebrows furrowed, "what do you mean he's here? He could have just called." Then Nathan's eyes met mine. "Send him up."

With that, he placed the phone back down into its place. "Who was that?" I asked casually and placed myself back down onto the couch, calming every one of my senses from Nathan's previous touch.