Chapter 22

The unfamiliar ache pained its way to the very spot between my legs that I knew had been thoroughly put to use last night in ways I was barely able to remember

Nathan had been just as confused as I was and yet with matching grins, we had managed to somehow laugh about the fact that our messily drunken antics had ended with my body sprawled out across the couch with a blanket draped over my intimates. And with Nathan, in a very similar compromising position yet with the cover of merely a small pillow having previously occupied the small love seat.

Bile threatened its way up my throat, tasting somewhat like the multiple vodka sodas and sparkling wine I had managed to devour throughout the night. "Give me a sec," I practically whisper-shouted and stumbled to pull myself up, managing to keep the blanket wrapped around my body in the process.

I staggered towards what I could only assume to be the bathroom door and being ultimately thankful when I found the rather exquisite looking toilet to stick my head over and release the contents of my stomach into.

Way to go, Savannah. I managed to make it through the night, feeling very drunkenly sexy up until this very point when the man I'm meant to be seeing, was now watching and grinning from the door with the pillow still firmly placed over his groin.

"I think we may have reached our limit for alcohol last night."

"You think so?" Sarcasm dripped from my lips as I stared down at whatever I had managed to empty into the water. I searched upwards for the flush, only to feel Nathan step forwards and press the button himself.

Only then did the screeching headache plunge it's way into the forefront of my skull.

"Please tell me you have some Advil or Aspirin or just anything in that kitchen of yours?" My voice was echoed slightly by the basin my head was still tucked into. A beautiful sight indeed.

I pulled myself away once I was sure there was nothing more to unload, only grieving the pain in my head as if someone had rammed it up against a brick wall, multiple times. "I'll be right back."

I couldn't understand why Nathan seemed so..ok, as if the antics and alcohol from last night had barely hit the sides. He was annoyingly perky to the point that I had myself convinced that he'd somehow been sober last night. He couldn't have, surely.

My heart seemed to somersault itself with the gentle yet strangely painful reminder of what had also occurred between the both of us last night. And although I could only really recollect the very beginning of what managed to unfold, the dull ache between my legs was answer enough that the settled dust and cobwebs had well and truly been swept away.

With shaky legs, I managed to stand and make my way into where I assumed the kitchen was. I hadn't been granted the chance of snooping around his place last night, which only meant in order to rid the reminder of the pain, I would do just that.