Chapter 8

Cole's POV

My heart sunk when he once again left the cabin in the middle of the night. Sadness came over me when I realized that Austin is out again...

To meet his woman.

He said that he break it off with her but what is this?

Every night after he made love with me, he'll disappear into my arms only to come back in the morning with her scent all over him.

I acted as if I don't know...

I pretend as if I'm oblivious with his affairs but it hurts to know where he sleeps at night.

Why is he doing this to me?

Why am I doing this to myself?

I just don't understand...how strong my feelings for him that I'm willing to be a fool.

"Austin~" I ran my fingers on his silky blonde hair, his brow twitched before opening his eyes. "Have you heard this song?" I asked and he waited for me to start. "Little butterflies, snow flakes in the air, birds above the sky, flying here and there~" He started humming and I smiled.

"Through the mountain top, trees were high up there, but Beauty of the Nature seems so dull when you're not there..." He trailed off before giving me a toothy smile. "That's a children song of course I know."

"Hmm..." I slowly nodded. "I learned it yesterday." He slowly nod his head and smiled sadly on how uninterested he was. "It's the first song I learned." I giggled in embarrassment. I thought he'll be amaze but since he knows it's futile. "Austin~" I mumbled while running my finger on his cheek down to his chin. His hair is all over the place, hope it's not tangled that much.

It's hard to brush.

"Austin~ are you awake?" I sang and his eyes went wide open. I gasped in shock before pinching his nose hard making him groan in pain. He laughed.

"You look funny." He said between his laughs and I rolled my eyes.

I pushed myself up before laying on his top. He groaned still laughing from the sudden skin-ship as I wrapped my arms around his warm body.

"Cole~" He wrapped his arms around my waist before closing his eyes once again.

"Austin~" I chuckled a bit and he hushed me.

"Quiet I'm sleeping." He pretended to be mad and I laughed.

This feels so...

I smiled sadly before closing my eyes.

I hope this would stay as it is but it's impossible right? Since he have her...

I'm already used to waking up in his arms, it almost scares me how I fit in his embrace and how compatible his lips against mine.

Whatever the elders and the Alpha have come up to we have to accept it.

We don't have a choice. That's the condition for us to be together but...

What if Austin is the one who decides to leave me? My eyes watered up from these thoughts...

He'll leave me? I don't want to believe it but my wolf seems anxious. It's like she's telling me to ran away with Austin instead. I'm scared but Austin...it's obvious how much he loves his pack and family.

And her, that he's willing to lie with a smile on his face to me.

Will he even choose me over them? Or that woman? I doubt that.

I might be his mate but in his heart, I still have no place to call my own..

"I wanted to be always by your side." I confessed ignoring how cliche it sounded. Austin's heart started to beat fast for some reason and I smiled.