Chapter 21

Arias's POV

"Mark me. "

That was his last word before his body slumped against me. His breathing became calmer as he fell asleep. I couldn't help but to smile as I placed him carefully on the bed.

There were tears on his eyes and my chest clenched from the sight.

Mark me he said after he unconsciously called his mate's name twice. I wanted to laugh at myself.

How can I mark you like this?

I threw my legs out of the bed while my eyes were still on him. I gently placed a kiss on his forehead instead.

So the answer is clear. I still need to wait.

I'm such a softy.

"I won't mark you yet. " I whispered as I smiled. "But I wouldn't have a choice once you are carrying my child, Cole. "

Even if it is against your will, even if you drown in regrets, once you bare my child...

I will have to claim you as my own.

My nose sensed someone waiting outside and I immediately pulled a robe as I walked towards it.

"Sanity." I called as soon as I exited the cabin. Sanity left her hiding from the woods, her eyes were piercing into me and I smiled.

"So how was it? " She asked.

"The sex was amazing. "

"No, " She rolled her eyes at me. "I mean the boy, did you mark him? "

"Not yet. "

"Thought you will claim him? " She asked as she crossed her arms on her chest.

"He is still mine, " I forced and she rolled her eyes once again. "So you are not here for that, right? " I asked as I walked closer to her. "What is it? "

Her lips formed a thin line before glancing towards the cabin where Cole is.

"The First-born son challenged his father for the throne. " My eyes widen from the news.

"Why? Wasn't it decided that he will have it by tomorrow? "

"If he marked his wife. " She answered.

Oh...

"He didn't? "

"He didn't. " Sanity took a deep breath before looking at me straight to the eyes. "Unfortunately, he was defeated, I was watching all the damn time. He was about to win," My eyes widen. "He was so close and then-"

"I slept with Cole. " I finished and she nodded.

I faced palmed myself in frustration. Cole's wolf was probably begging him not to betray his mate, but he ignored that.

"His Father was a coward, how could he use that stunt to his own son?! Shameless!" Sanity whisper-yelled as she tighten her fist and I nodded in agreement, though I don't know what she saw.

I earned a glare for that and I smiled, innocently.

"Anyways, they brought the boy somewhere behind the Alpha's house. I wasn't able to track them because of the security. "

What is that old man planning? He wouldn't kill his own son, right? If that happens Cole will suffer.

"So, the turnover might not take place tomorrow. " I nodded at Sanity when she cut the silence off. "So what are your plans? " She soon asked and I don't really have an answer for that.