Chapter 27

AUSTIN

If only I knew from the start. This wouldn't have happened.

'What would happen to our pack, son? if you choose that omega?! '

'He can't give you a heir! '

'If only you can bare a child.'

My chest clenched, as my wolf run aimlessly. Feeling the pain of regret ruin me from the inside.

'If only I could... '

And you are now carrying one, but it is not mine.

I stopped on my track in the middle of the woods, staring at the ground, feeling lost.

I do not want to lose Cole. Even after everything I did. Even if he have all the reasons, still, I do not want Cole to leave...

My wolf whimpers from those thoughts as well.

I married Thalia for the throne, for the pack... 

My paws clenched against the ground, when my chest ached once again.

But keeping Cole is for me.

And I'll do everything to keep him here, even if he needs to lose that child- No, that will hurt Cole...

I shook my head at that unreasonable idea. Cole will suffer again.

I should stop deciding for my own good. This happened because I became too selfish, thinking Cole would never leave me no matter what I do.

Then should I just accept it? If I tell Cole that I will accept that child as long as he stays, will he not leave?

My eyes lifted up to the dark sky full of stars, remembering how Cole and I used to stare at it together all the time. I smiled sadly inside.

And I wanted to go back.

"You seems lost in deep thoughts, Alpha. "

My eyes fell on the target and his companion, as they left the shadows. The smirk on his face burst my anger.

His companion immediately noticed my strong desire to attack his leader, and so he took a step forward to protect the stronger Alpha.

"You sure are short-tempered, aren't you Alpha? " Arias shook his head, amused and I lowered my head a bit, preparing to attack.

Kill him!

I growled and he tilted his head on the side, daring me to step forward. Knowing full well that I wouldn't last a second but-

'Fight me. '

A scary smile stretched his lips from my challenge.

"You are too young to die Alpha. " He said as he patted his older friend's shoulder. "But I wouldn't gain anything here, would you like to bet instead? "

This fucking bastard... Do you think this is fun?!

'Don't fuck with me!' I growled deeper, watching him carefully, as he cracked his knuckles.

"I'm taking you seriously. " He smiled and I am not amused by it at all. "How about this? If I win, I'll bring Cole with me."

My eyes widen from that.

'W-what?'

"Come on, but I won't be easy on you." He dared me with a smug look on his face.

'No! Don't involve Cole to this! ' He frowned at me.

"Alpha, " His blue eyes turned cold and I stepped back. "I do not play without a prize. " That deep voice of his makes me want to run away, but I do not want to look like a coward. "So, are you in or not? "