Chapter 25

I don't understand.

Why is everybody keep running away from me?

No matter how much I treated them kindly, they can still find a reason to betray me.

"You are too kind, Arias. " The girl smiled and the younger me blushed in embarrassment. "You shouldn't be, though. "

"I'll treat you on how you deserves it." I said as I held her hands. Her lovely face was long forgotten, but I couldn't forget those smile.

"I am no one-"

"You are worthy," I interrupted as I run my fingers on her cheek. "You are not just anybody, you are my mate. "

Keeping her close calms me. I'll make her the happiest...

Her lovely scent drowns me, loving on how this scent tells me that, she was the one that I could trust the most.

But that was a lie.

"Everyone in the Alpha's gathering were poisoned!"

"The Alpha and Luna did not make it?"

"The Qisa tribe was whipped out!

I clenched my fist as I looked down at her. How painful...

I loved you and yet...

"A-Arias-"

"You betrayed me. " I said as I stared down on the unconscious white wolf. "And yet, I couldn't get mad. "

"Alpha. " Kali called out and I forced a smile.

"Was it really because I'm too soft hearted. " I scratched the back of my head in annoyance. "Maybe Uncle was right, an Alpha should be forceful, should not ask permissions, should careless on others. Merciless. "

"Stop it. "

"If I was heartless and they fear me enough, will they stop doing it?"

Kali frowned at me. "Rest now-"

"I'll stay here. " I said as I patted the head of Cole's pure white wolf.

We are currently staying in the pack's clinic since this morning, it's because Cole have been sleeping the whole day.

There's nothing wrong with him, he might just be awfully tired on running away. And how unfortunate that he returned here in less than a day.

"Alpha, please. "

"There's no way I'll leave Cole with this guy. " I pointed at the First born, who was sleeping like a dead man on the other bed, and Kali frowned again.

"Cole will heal faster, if they are together. "

"That brat caused this. " I grumbled.

Though he did prove me something...

And that made me realize what is the right thing to do.

"Let's go now. Sanity can watch over Cole." I pouted at Kali and he actually rolled his eyes at me. How rude... "You said you'll meet their Alpha, right? "

Oh yeah!

My eyes widen when I remembered.

"I'm so mad right now, I'm gonna pour it on him." I growled and Kali laughed on the sudden changed of my mood.

That old man, he better be ready.

"I'll be back soon. " I placed a kiss on Cole's head, and Kali made a weird sound. "You jealous?" I asked as I wrapped my arms on his shoulders. "Come accept this pair of lips-" He immediately ran away.