Chapter 22

Cole's POV

I woke up from the pain on my back and numbness on my limbs. I cannot move an inch as I laid on the bed. Everything feels heavy as my eyes focused on the ceiling inside Arias's cabin.

The sun was in the highest and yet I still want to sleep more.

"Do you want water? " Arias asked as he sat on the edge of the bed.

I could only stare at him, my throat was so dry from all the screams I made again last night. I gulped and he took that as a cue to reach out for the glass of water.

I stared at him in confusion and he took the water inside his mouth. I blushed immediately when he raised my head from the back of my neck and fixed his mouth on mine.

Transferring the cold liquid which I do not have a choice but to accept. I closed my eyes tightly when he decided to explore my mouth with his tongue after. A moan escaped my lips and embarrassment indulged me from the inside.

He pulled away and gave me a manly smile.

"One more? "

"Can I drink it normally? " I asked when I finally found my voice and he let out a chuckle.

"One more I guess. " I frowned at him as he did it once again.

He's too stubborn.

"I brought some fruits, eat if you are hungry. " He pointed at the basket filled with mixed fruits. "I was called for a meeting and everyone will need to attend. You can call your friend to take care of you while we are gone." He looked back at me and I nodded. "I'll return soon. " I watched him as he stood up, fixing his clothes on the process.

So they are all leaving. I wonder what is it about?

Maybe it is about Austin... I bit my lower lip as I shook my worries away.

It's been three days since Austin was announced severely ill and the turnover of the throne was called off until he is better.

But I doubt that. It was a lie, my wolf will be in distress if he was really ill. I clenched my fist.

Austin might have decided to stay a little bit more with his wife alone in their cabin.

After this we will be together.

His lies returned to me and I furrowed my brows.

He can never fulfil the promises he made and now he's running away.

Austin is a coward.

He just gave me more reason to finally leave him, but...

"Arias, " I called and he looked down at me. "My mark-"

"I need to go. " He interrupted me and my heart sunk as he left a kiss on my for head before leaving the cabin in a hurry.

I knew it...

Three days had passed. Ever since then, Arias enjoyed engraving himself deep in me, desperately spreading his seeds inside me and I accepted them all.

I did what I was told and yet...

I closed my eyes as I focused my thoughts on my unmarked neck this time.

Arias wouldn't mark me until now.

Did he change his mind?

Wasn't he satisfied with me? Is it because I passed out so fast?

Does this mean, he won't bring me along?

My eyes watered up this time and I parted my lips to release silent sobs.