Chapter Three

* I hope you like the dream sequence in this chapter. I was very unsure about it. This chapter has been edited by my wonderful Beta Casey. Let us know what you think.*

Familiar soft lips nipped at the nape of my neck, and I tilted my head back, arching my neck as calloused fingers lovingly brushed through my hair. A pair of strong arms wrapped me in a firm embrace, and I couldn't remember the last time I had felt this safe, this loved. A warm summer breeze filtered through the trees around us, and I could smell the sweet scent of the woods we were hiding away in. The fingers of the man I was wrapped up in traveled towards my chin, lifting my face to meet his — and I found the most beautiful blue eyes lovingly staring down at me. I reached out, running my fingers through his long dirty blonde hair, and smiled, gently brushing my lips against his. When our mouths met, it was like something inside me had finally found its place. His lips caressed mine, slowly for a moment, before he pulled me hard against his chest, his insistent hungry mouth parting my eager lips. I was clay in his hands being formed into something beautiful and new. I gasped as his tongue ran across my lower lip. The heavy beating of my heart sped up to a crescendo, the beats seeming to spell out one word: Home, Home, Home.

Everything about this man felt right. My skin tingled as he ran his hands down my waist, lifting me into his arms. I wrapped my legs around him, giggling as he walked me backward, pressing me against the nearest tree. A deep moan reverberated in his chest and I sighed heavily with pleasure. Grasping his hair, I twisted the strands around my fingertips. Before I could pull him towards me for another kiss, a loud banging echoed through the woods. The trees around us shook with each bang — their leaves falling to the forest floor. I blinked wildly in amazement, glancing around at the falling leaves, like snow in the wintertime. I turned back toward the man, who it seemed was still caught up in our shared moment and seemingly unaware of what had just occurred, and shook my head. I decided to ignore it and just enjoy the firm God in front of me. I leaned forward, my lips hungry for his, but again, before I could taste him, another loud bang filled the air. The tree I was being held up against shook violently, my back arching in protest as my spine vibrated. I lowered myself to the ground, sighing deeply. My eyes tried to stay focused as the world around me started to become fuzzy, darkening around the edges. A dream, this had all been a dream. I held on tightly to the man, 'The Hybrid' my mind finally supplied. I took in one last look; his blue eyes sparkled as he smiled down at me. My Niklaus.

"Elarrrraaaa?!"

My eyes flew open at the loud banging on my bedroom door. I looked over at the clock and groaned — it was way too early for this.

"Elara?! You up yet? " Jeremy hollered through the door obnoxiously.

"Jer! I'm awake, for God's sake! Please end your obnoxious yammering!" I yelled back.

This earned me a laugh from the other side of my door. I pulled the pillow over my face, trying to remember the dream I had been having. It involved me and a particular Original Hybrid. I'm not really sure if it was a dream, or maybe a memory. Whatever it was, it had been good — no — great.

It had also been a nice reprieve from all the stress that I had piling up since meeting with the Salvatores. Seeing Damon had let loose all of my memories. Now I knew everything. I knew how I had become a Reincarnate, and why I live life over and over again. Being cursed by the Original witch over a thousand years ago: I will forever be forced to live until my eighteenth birthday, when the curse will activate, sending me on to a premature and painful death. Then, I will be reborn, starting a new life. In my new life, I may or may not remember my past, and who I have been to others. It really depends on what sparks a memory. That's one of the worst parts of it, losing huge chunks of my life for long periods of time. I placed my fingers on the bridge of my nose, placing pressure against a potential headache.