Chapter Nineteen

******* I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Please let me know what you think. That way I know there is still interest in this story.********

Jeremy's pencil scratched its way across the paper as he sketched yet another picture of a Bram Stoker esque vampire. I laid my cheek on the palm of my hand, my elbow sitting on the dining room table as I watched him. Inwardly I sighed, knowing it wouldn't be long before he started piecing together the missing memories that had been ripped from him by Damon. Something I still found myself hating my own sister for from time to time. I had no doubt Jeremy would feel the same for a while. It would take him a very long time to forgive her for taking his memories of Vicki's death and all that he had learned because of it. A small creak from the floor above caused both Jeremy and me to raise our heads, narrowing our eyes at the ceiling briefly in disgust and annoyance. We were both avidly avoiding the upstairs where Elena and Stefan were doing God only knows what. Truthfully, I was grateful he was here, especially after he had shown me his little box of treasures. One which held vervain jewelry, he had allowed me to pick out a green and black beaded rope bracelet for Jeremy, one that would keep him safe from every mind control obsessed vampire that seemed to run rampant in this town. Still, I didn't like the idea that my sister could be getting her freak on only a floor above us. My head jerked towards the door when a loud knock interrupted my thoughts. I laid my head down on my arms in silent protest. The door was just too far away and I really wasn't in the mood to interact with the outside world. Jeremy laughed at my display of laziness and stood from his seat.

"I'll get it, Ellie," he said.

I stuck a thumb in the air and heard his feet move across the floor as he left the dining room. The front door opened and the low deep voice of a man told Jeremy the total for the pizza. I ignored them and stood, heading into the kitchen to grab the plates. I could hear Jeremy yelling for Elena and shook my head with a smile. Everything felt so normal for once. When I came back Elena was bounding down the stairs her ponytail swaying as she all but hopped towards the door, money in hand. Jeremy brought the pizza to the table and I helped him fill the plates, my mind a million miles away. I turned my head towards Elena and smiled when she came into the room with Stefan in tow.

They both had the most obvious expressions of satisfaction on their face and I bit my lip, trying to keep to the laughter from my voice as I spoke. "Ready to eat? Im sure you both have worked up an appetite by now," I asked smoothly.

Jeremy, who had been taking a drink, coughed loudly liquid running down his chin as he tried to breathe. Stefan raised a brow as Elena sputtered indignantly, a nice pink blush starting at her hairline and working its way towards her neck. I smirked at them both, watching Lena's face darken by the second. I pounded Jer on the back and caught my sister's eye.

"Remember Lena. If you're too embarrassed to talk about it then maybe you're too young to be doing it," I firmly said in my best motherly voice, a smirk on my face.

I reached beside me and handed Elena two plates with a smile.

"We'll talk later. Maybe then you can tell me all about Stefan's sexual prowess," I whispered with a dramatic wink.

As I had expected Elena gasped and shook her head at Stefan as if he would ever believe I would want to know anything about their 'extracurricular' activities. I giggled and Stefan rolled his eyes at me.

"Stop torturing your siblings El," he said.

I sat down with my pizza and watched Elena shoot Stefan loving and thankful glances for the rest of the night.